• 89(current)
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
working on it right now.
checking everything against rc1 (so far no issues).
will upload it in the next few days, it's up to apple from then on Smile
cheers mate

just a quick question did you read my posts 1312 and did you get the responce wake up faster on the remote ?

cheers
Gravis856 Wrote:I'm not sure if this is an Eden bug or Commander's but the keyboard doesn't work when I go to addons to search.

I have to manually type in something if I want to search youtube/vimeo, etc

Have the same issue. Im using eden rc2, when the keyboard in xbmc on the pc comes on it causes xbmc commander to disconnect.
@meridius: yes Smile

@Thekhanlives:
Thats a bug in XBMC: As soon as an addon opens the virtual keyboard window, xbmc stops responding on the external interfaces. Even the webinterface will show a disconnect.
I've opened a ticket on trac for this a looong time back:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11213
So far with no conclusion.
Saw this thread and bought the app immediately. It looks amazing but has crashed about 5 times in the first 15 minutes using it. This is a brand new Ipad 2 running the latest OS and no other software installed Sad It usually happens when scrolling artists fast or the initial click on Music or Playlist.

Is there any way to get a vertical "A..Z" scroll list for getting through a large library quickly?

Is there any way to prevent someone from inadvertently clicking on "play" instead of "Enqueue" and erasing the entire playlist?

Artist (grouped) is nice, but is there a way to see Compilation albums, when I go to an artist I can tell their tracks from their compilations are missing.
The music / playlist crashes are Eden related and should be fixed with the update that i submitted to apple a few days ago. This update should ba available in a few days.
The fast scrolling crashes usually stop once all thumbnails are cached in the app.

As for your other questions:
I've been playing around with scroll lists a few times now, so far with no satisfying result. Works more or less when sorting alphabetical (although i got a few problems to get the letters right, since i let XBMC do the sorting), but when using other sort mechanisms things get ugly.

Enqueuing when pressing play makes perfect sense and shouldn't be too hard to implement (at least with eden), i've put it on my todo list.

Compilations should turn up in a "various artists". Thats because i'm scanning albums for this list, and XBMC returns exactly one artist per album. That's usually the main artist for regular albums or "various artists" for compilations (depends on how you tagged your music). If the app stumbles upon an album without artists info, it's sorted under "various artists" too.
But that reminds me that i wanted to double check the logic behind this, because i had a few reports about missing albums in the past.
grywnn Wrote:The music / playlist crashes are Eden related and should be fixed with the update that i submitted to apple a few days ago. This update should ba available in a few days.
The fast scrolling crashes usually stop once all thumbnails are cached in the app.

As for your other questions:
I've been playing around with scroll lists a few times now, so far with no satisfying result. Works more or less when sorting alphabetical (although i got a few problems to get the letters right, since i let XBMC do the sorting), but when using other sort mechanisms things get ugly.

Enqueuing when pressing play makes perfect sense and shouldn't be too hard to implement (at least with eden), i've put it on my todo list.

Compilations should turn up in a "various artists". Thats because i'm scanning albums for this list, and XBMC returns exactly one artist per album. That's usually the main artist for regular albums or "various artists" for compilations (depends on how you tagged your music). If the app stumbles upon an album without artists info, it's sorted under "various artists" too.
But that reminds me that i wanted to double check the logic behind this, because i had a few reports about missing albums in the past.

Thank you so much for responding so quickly, it proves it's a worthy investment! If the crashes subside with the upgrade and after everything is cached that's great!

Having a toggle to make "Play" queue rather than play would be an amazing addition! XBMC has this toggle as well and it really avoids frustration when someone inevitably presses play by mistake and erases a lot of work!

I did look for Various Artists and didn't see it, I'll check again. I do have my music all tagged correctly so it should be there. Thanks!
xbmc17 Wrote:Thank you so much for responding so quickly, it proves it's a worthy investment! If the crashes subside with the upgrade and after everything is cached that's great!

Having a toggle to make "Play" queue rather than play would be an amazing addition! XBMC has this toggle as well and it really avoids frustration when someone inevitably presses play by mistake and erases a lot of work!

I did look for Various Artists and didn't see it, I'll check again. I do have my music all tagged correctly so it should be there. Thanks!

I checked in the Artists (grouped) View, there is no Various Artists there. All of my compilation albums are tagged correctly with "Various Artists" as the Album Artist. If I change to Artists (flat) or Albums View I can find them.

You were correct, the crashes have stopped after everything cached.
I seem to be having an issue with the new version.

I cleared my TV and Movie cache, and now the app hangs when caching the movies.

It reads all my sets correctly, then starts to read my main movie collection and freezes on the first few movies. The cancel button will then not work.

It does not freeze on the same movie,but seems to be the first 10 movies or so.

The tv area cached fine without issue.

Any thoughts?
After a reboot of my iPad, it caches up to the C s now, then freezes.
Hi,

I am also having the same issue, caching totally froze on iphone and ipad!!
feature request****************

when in tv series and you select a series , the dvd box for that season comes in view, however it comes into vies at the top, and the top 10%is not in view.
can you fix it so that it opens in the centre of the screen?

thx

steph
Acer revo 3700 with Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit
I'll look into the cashing issue.
My guess is that it's a movie with malformed metadata.
Just for proving: Could you try to guess the next movie in alphabetical order when caching stops, and temporarily remove that one from your xbmc database?
Also please tell me which XBMC version you're using: 10.x or Eden?

@rugbymad:
Can't reproduce.
the DVD cover opens centered for me.
Which device are you using? (OK probably iPad, since there is no DVD view on iPhone...) landscape or portrait?
(2012-03-12, 11:14)grywnn Wrote: I'll look into the cashing issue.
My guess is that it's a movie with malformed metadata.
Just for proving: Could you try to guess the next movie in alphabetical order when caching stops, and temporarily remove that one from your xbmc database?
Also please tell me which XBMC version you're using: 10.x or Eden?

@rugbymad:
Can't reproduce.
the DVD cover opens centered for me.
Which device are you using? (OK probably iPad, since there is no DVD view on iPhone...) landscape or portrait?

Hi, Im using it on iphone, 5.1 portrait, on eden RC2.
THX
Acer revo 3700 with Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit
Could you post (or mail to info(at)xbmc-commander.com) a screenshot (press home+power buttons simultaneously, saved in "photos")?
EDIT: Ignore this post, stupid me didn't think it could be some new info on the first post. For the moment I'm on my phone and not able to test if it's the ports fault.
Btw, if so many people have trouble with ports, it should perhaps be mentioned or linked at the "getting started" page

Hi

Loved this app when I bought it used it quite extensively when I used dharma. When I converted to Eden it wasn't updated so I've kind of forgot it, but now that my remote broke I wanted to try yours again.

I set everything up and it responds to my taps (meaning, in the remote-tab I can go and play the first movie) but hardly anything else. If I go to the movie-tab I only see the loading icon spinning endlessly (a long time, I haven't actually let it try for hours on end, it shouldn't need to anyway)

I'm using beta 3 since I haven't arsed myself to update yet. But it should work anyway right?
Or is it a special Eden-command you have to do so it understand what kind of library its looking for?

Yours
Thizizmyname
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad13