[AppleTv} AAC to AC3 conversion
Just a confirmation from the developers that multichannel AAC channels is transcoded to AC3 also on the AppleTv
All the previously downmixed files seem to play multichannel and the Dolby Digital light goes on my receiver but I might have allucinations?
XBMC for Mac works just like XBMC for Linux. There's no difference when running under any platform, including the AppleTV.
Great stuff now everything plays 5.1!
I will close the ticket on trac
so we do not need to select 'downmix multichannel audio to stereo' if we have a 5.1 receiver that does dolby digital/dts? I had thought we needed to do this for 5.1 AAC files (i have a bunch of these from my early days with handbrake presets!)
No you can leave the AAC compatible receiver no and AC3 compatible yes and it will convert AAC to AC3 and it will play fine in your receiver
wow. that is really frakkin' cool.
Sorry to jump in with what is possibly not at all related but is there a known bug with AC3? I can't get any AC3 tracks to play, I get machine gun sounds and "decode error" shows up on my receiver. I am looking to see if I have any AAC movies to see if the conversion works. But I am not hopeful if straight 5.1 AC3 doesn't play..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTv} AAC to AC3 conversion0