Can i use Time capsule to stream HD content to ATV
Apple tv 3.0.2
XMBC r33324
Crystal hd driver 2.0.1
Time capsule 1TB dual band II firmware ver 7.5.1

I am running a ATV OSX with Crystal HD installed and working beautifully.
Thanks Guys really great job here!

My only problem is if I use the TC to stream HD content even 720p the image starts stuttering and then it starts buffering.If I run the same file directly from a USB drive plugged into the ATV i don't have a problem.

I have connected the TC directly to the ATV via ethernet and have configured the TC in a bridged mode. still no luck. SD content will play on this config without any problems.

Any Ideas here, is this possible with the TC?
is there a windows file sharing mode on the TC? or samba support?
see if there are those options then plug both into a router...
Hi,

I'm using my TC as a main network storage for my HD content played at ATV, and it works fine using AFP. In order to enable AFP support at ATV you have to install Nito TV, please see it here http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/NitoTV

Good luck Smile

Terence D Wrote:Apple tv 3.0.2
XBMC r33324
Crystal hd driver 2.0.1
Time capsule 1TB dual band II firmware ver 7.5.1

I am running a ATV OSX with Crystal HD installed and working beautifully.
Thanks Guys really great job here!

My only problem is if I use the TC to stream HD content even 720p the image starts stuttering and then it starts buffering.If I run the same file directly from a USB drive plugged into the ATV i don't have a problem.

I have connected the TC directly to the ATV via ethernet and have configured the TC in a bridged mode. still no luck. SD content will play on this config without any problems.

Any Ideas here, is this possible with the TC?
FWIW I never got a harddrive connected to a extreme to work well with Apple tv.
connected via AFP. that did the job streaming without any problems!

thank you so much!

Terence
Terence D Wrote:connected via AFP. that did the job streaming without any problems!

thank you so much!

Terence

Hi Terence

How were you connecting before? Smb? And if so how do you make it use afp instead? I already have nito installed.

I get buffering too when streaming 720p from my aebs disk using Ethernet or 'n' wireless.

Cheers!
Adam
Hi Adam

sorry for the late reply.

With Nito tv installed just go to the nito tv menu in the apple tv menu. Then open network, here you can mount drives on the network. so select your dirive and then I edited it to auto mount. Once nito tv has mounted your drive you should see it appear in the files list. Now you can acess this in you XMBC menu via volumes.

Good luck.

Terence

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can i use Time capsule to stream HD content to ATV0