18.5 can't stream .rar storaged files to android videoplayers. Used to work.
Edit: I think i was on Leia when i could stream .rar storaged files via yatse on my android to mx player. Now it does not work for some reason.
Thought it was the encoding of paths but the creator of Yatse said it was removed in Leia? 
Is it removed? Why?

Old:
This makes paths/filename to long.
As an example in kodi:
rar://H%3a%5crar9%5ctv%5cParks%20and%20Recreation%5cSeason%203%5cParks.and.Recreation.S03E16.720p.HDTV.X264%5cparks.and.recreation.316.720p.rar/Parks.and.Recreation.S03E16.720p.HDTV.X264.mkv

in windows it is:
H:\rar9\tv\Parks and Recreation\Season 3\Parks.and.Recreation.S03E16.720p.HDTV.X264
Where is it being output to?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-01, 05:38)Karellen Wrote: Where is it being output to?

I guess the correct term is input then since it's in the logs and paths. English is not my main language sorry.
I thought output also was correct because my "correct" windows paths are the input and then kodi converts them and outputs the gibberish location.
It's actually not gibberish, it's encoding for special characters like : (%3a), \ (%5c) and spaces (%20).

For more details see here - https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-01, 15:17)DarrenHill Wrote: It's actually not gibberish, it's encoding for special characters like : (%3a), \ (%5c) and spaces (%20).

For more details see here - https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp

Why is it using encoding and can I do anything on my end to make it "normal"?
(2020-01-01, 19:25)snyft Wrote: Why is it using encoding and can I do anything on my end to make it "normal"?

It is normal already.  Kodi is just using a standard internally that is consistent across the multiple platforms that it runs on.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
When you see something like rar:// then you can expect it is a URL and follows URL encoding rules in many cases.  Copy or open your log in a decent text editor that can do URL decode for you.  Notepad++ or Sublime Text for example (you need to install appropriate plugins -- MIME tools for np++ or StringUtilities for ST).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2020-01-02, 23:23)scott967 Wrote: When you see something like rar:// then you can expect it is a URL and follows URL encoding rules in many cases.  Copy or open your log in a decent text editor that can do URL decode for you.  Notepad++ or Sublime Text for example (you need to install appropriate plugins -- MIME tools for np++ or StringUtilities for ST).

scott s.
My main problem is that I can't stream rar files to mx player via yatse. I'm suspecting it's because of this encoding but I do not know. Any idea?
(2020-01-03, 02:43)snyft Wrote: My main problem is that I can't stream rar files to mx player via yatse. I'm suspecting it's because of this encoding but I do not know. Any idea?

Don't use rars. Just unrar the content into a folder.
Using rars nowadays is pointless and even counterproductive - you won't use less diskspace because video files are already compressed by the video codecs and rar can't do any better job than the codecs themselves.
Using rars (or any archives) will add cpu overhead on the playing machine because it'll have to unrar on the fly in order to play the content.
(2020-01-03, 18:02)asavah Wrote:
(2020-01-03, 02:43)snyft Wrote: My main problem is that I can't stream rar files to mx player via yatse. I'm suspecting it's because of this encoding but I do not know. Any idea?

Don't use rars. Just unrar the content into a folder.
Using rars nowadays is pointless and even counterproductive - you won't use less diskspace because video files are already compressed by the video codecs and rar can't do any better job than the codecs themselves.
Using rars (or any archives) will add cpu overhead on the playing machine because it'll have to unrar on the fly in order to play the content.

Thanks for the information but not using rar is not a viable option for me.
It's like telling someone with Mac to switch to Linux or Windows.

I don't understand why Kodi would remove features.
Have you got the rar and archive support addons installed and enabled? You should find them in the official repo under virtual filesystems.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-04, 00:47)DarrenHill Wrote: Have you got the rar and archive support addons installed and enabled? You should find them in the official repo under virtual filesystems.

Yes I have rar vfs installed. I can watch rar in Kodi but streaming it to my phone does not work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
18.5 can't stream .rar storaged files to android videoplayers. Used to work.0