Mysql profiles and watched status

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
jmh2002 Offline
Posting Freak
Great, but since you have quoted me, how does that answer my question?

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the Thanks button to show me your appreciation :)
find quote
gaxander Offline
I'm still using kodi, with all his addons, plus emby as addon
server: ubuntu + emby + NFS
clients: RPi+openelec+emby (nativeplayback mode)
find quote
jmh2002 Offline
Posting Freak
And?

My question was if Emby has been updated so that it can sync watched (and hopefully resume) status between multiple devices for streaming videos played via an addon such as YouTube, PBS, Vimeo, HGTV, DIY Network, GQ, etc, etc, etc?

If the answer is still 'no' (yes I have tested Emby in the past) then this is a major point which makes mySQL more suitable (for me) over Emby.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the Thanks button to show me your appreciation :)
(This post was last modified: 2016-09-17 15:12 by jmh2002.)
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Wiki Guy
(2016-09-17 15:08)jmh2002 Wrote:  And?

My question was if Emby has been updated so that it can sync watched (and hopefully resume) status between multiple devices for streaming videos played via an addon such as YouTube, PBS, Vimeo, HGTV, DIY Network, GQ, etc, etc, etc?

If the answer is still 'no' (yes I have tested Emby in the past) then this is a major point which makes mySQL more suitable (for me) over Emby.

No. Emby only syncs up library items and not the full SQLite database.

Full disclosure: I work for WeTek. However, this is my personal account, and my words and opinion are my own.

HOW-TO: You can make easy links to the Kodi Wiki Manual using double brackets around common Kodi words: [[debug log]] = debug log (wiki), [[Video library]] = Video library (wiki), [[SMB]] = SMB (wiki) , etc
find quote
jmh2002 Offline
Posting Freak
Thanks Ned. No sense for me to test Emby again if it still doesn't do this.

find quote
angelblue05 Offline
It's an Emby for Kodi add-on, meaning anything that is not from Emby will never be looked at by the add-on.

The only way to track Kodi content in some way is for example, creating a strm library that contains plugin paths to your legal Kodi add-ons streams, and importing those strm files into Emby. The addon will then import them into your Kodi library. And you'll be able to save the watch status in Emby and share the same strm library to your other Kodi devices.

I've done that for a while with netflixbmc. As long as the plugin (let's say netflixbmc) is installed on Kodi, when you launch the strm file entries, it will launch the proper Kodi add-on and the Emby add-on will track the watched status (not resume point, which is the only set back since Emby has no runtime for the item, a resume point can't be created). It's a different way of doing things, bonus is those strm files are treated like videos in Emby so you are able to assign metadata and artwork in the same process.

typie typie on iPhone
(This post was last modified: 2016-09-21 12:53 by angelblue05.)
find quote