Mount External HD in Dharma live.
Alright guys,
I try not to ask questions on this forum, mainly because I don't want to sound like a noob., and for the most part I can search and find the info I'm seeking, but now I'm way confused. I have installed Dharma live on my system and I am trying to mount an extra internal HD. I have followed the info and removed the nodiskmount, and the grub-update. I have also done the Create a mount point, and now I've changed so many settings on the back end I'm just going to do a clean install again. Can anyone give me the right steps to do right after a fresh install so that I can get this NTFS internal drive to mount. Thanks in advance. P.S. XBMC ROCKS!Stare It makes me so mad when I can't figure this stuff out!
Don't know why it did not work to do
Quote:nodiskmount, and the grub-update

This what I do and it always works. Unfortunally I use ext2 but perheps it can still help you.
BTW, when I do that the drive does not longer show up when I browse for sourse..have to look in root.

Quote:1)
View partitions:
sudo fdisk -l
Hopefully you can find your unmounted partition. (if not or if you did not create the partition you need to install gparted)
In my case the partition is /dev/sda5
2)
Create a mount point (in this case a folder in the root):
sudo mkdir /storage
3)
Edit the fstab:
sudo cp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab_backup
sudo nano /etc/fstab
Add:
/dev/sda5 /storage ext2 defaults 0 0
ext2 since I remember selecting that when I created the partition.
4)
mount:
sudo mount -a
5) set permissions
sudo chown -R xbmc:xbmc /storage
sudo chmod -R 777 /storage
Thanks vikjon0 for the fast reply, as soon as I get home from work gonna give this a try. Thanks again for the help.
Vikjon0,
I tried your way and no go. Thanks for the info, guess I don't have this sudo nano stuff down like I should. But I did do this:

sudo nano /etc/default/grub
searched and removed all instances of nodiskmount.
Then ran update-grub.
It works!
Thanks again for all the hard work you guys do. Now it's time to brush up on my sudo nano commands!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mount External HD in Dharma live.0