Apple TV not playing 1080p even with Crystal HD card
goldfinger7476 Wrote:http://pastebin.com/BKnmG329

Well there is a log that only has the relevant data in it. The first highlight is where I resumed playback and the problem started. I then did a dingle ff (the next highlight) and the problem continued.

One thing I have noticed is that if it does let me pause and resume, the I see the line below shortly after the resume

21:46:48 T:2787113872 M: 41041920 DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: detected pattern of length 24: 42000.00 42000.00 41000.00 42000.00 42000.00 41000.00 42000.00 42000.00 42000.00 41000.00 42000.00 42000.00 41000.00 42000.00 42000.00 42000.00 41000.00 42000.00 42000.00 41000.00 42000.00 42000.00 42000.00 41000.00

But if it starts dropping fps and getting all messed up then I never that again

symptom, not the cause. ignore CPullupCorrection logging.

the git tree has some new additions that are not in my svn tree yet. you might try pulling that (driver/lib) and giving it a try.
Got the new version of the driver and the libraries installed and so far its been pretty crashy rather than my normal problem but I am testing it a bit hard i guess
well i can't really tell if its fixed because everytime i try and seek forward a bit xbmc crashes

http://paste.ubuntu.com/499488/

dmesg shows that im using crystalhd 3.8 and the installation seemed to go fine
goldfinger7476 Wrote:well i can't really tell if its fixed because everytime i try and seek forward a bit xbmc crashes

http://paste.ubuntu.com/499488/

dmesg shows that im using crystalhd 3.8 and the installation seemed to go fine

Crashes or Hangs ? If crashes, then pastebin the crashlog. If hang, then stop saying crashes Smile
davilla Wrote:symptom, not the cause. ignore CPullupCorrection logging.

the git tree has some new additions that are not in my svn tree yet. you might try pulling that (driver/lib) and giving it a try.

just complied and installed the latest upstream git pull of the driver and lib, changed my DMA buffers to 8 and voila, other a couple of xbmc related issues (2x audio and flashing on certain h264 encodes), looks very stable.
davilla Wrote:Crashes or Hangs ? If crashes, then pastebin the crashlog. If hang, then stop saying crashes Smile

Smile sorry, but yea it was crashing not hanging with the newer driver. For some reason my crashlog didn't get updated and it was really old so I wiped it. I downgraded the driver back to the 3.6.0 so my friend could use it with stability but now I can work on it again and post the crashlog if it crashes again.

Just a quick question though, does the ATV have a cpu power scaling feature? I noticed that it has been saying 600mhz for the CPU speed for a while now and I haven't seen it change, is that a known bug or something?
For some reason I am not seeing a xbmc crash log be generated, it is entirely possible that I could be installing the driver in the wrong way, here is what I have been doing

(I am only mostly sure this is the git you were talking about)
$ git clone git://git.wilsonet.com/crystalhd.git/
(I have also tried the svn trunk with svn checkout http://crystalhd-for-osx.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/)
$ cd /crystalhd/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/
$ make
$ sudo make install
$ cd ../../driver/linux
$ autoconf
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install
$ sudo modprobe crystalhd
$ reboot

Where should the xbmc crash log be generating?
goldfinger7476 Wrote:Smile sorry, but yea it was crashing not hanging with the newer driver. For some reason my crashlog didn't get updated and it was really old so I wiped it. I downgraded the driver back to the 3.6.0 so my friend could use it with stability but now I can work on it again and post the crashlog if it crashes again.

Just a quick question though, does the ATV have a cpu power scaling feature? I noticed that it has been saying 600mhz for the CPU speed for a while now and I haven't seen it change, is that a known bug or something?

Three patches pending for git tree.

fixed.DtsFlushInput.segfault.patch:
Code:
diff --git a/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.cpp b/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.cpp
index 0723c8e..bf81c72 100644
--- a/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.cpp
+++ b/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.cpp
@@ -1206,14 +1206,6 @@ DtsStopDecoder(

Ctx->State = BC_DEC_STATE_STOP;

-    if (Ctx->PESConvParams.m_pSpsPpsBuf)
-        free(Ctx->PESConvParams.m_pSpsPpsBuf);
-    Ctx->PESConvParams.m_pSpsPpsBuf = NULL;
-
-    if (Ctx->PESConvParams.pStartcodePendBuff)
-        free(Ctx->PESConvParams.pStartcodePendBuff);
-    Ctx->PESConvParams.pStartcodePendBuff = NULL;
-
    return sts;
}

fixed.free.tx.thread.first.patch:
Code:
diff --git a/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_priv.cpp b/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_priv.cpp
index 7df5563..ad31a86 100644
--- a/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_priv.cpp
+++ b/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_priv.cpp
@@ -1589,6 +1589,16 @@ BC_STATUS DtsReleaseInterface(DTS_LIB_CONTEXT *Ctx)
    if(!Ctx)
        return BC_STS_INV_ARG;

+    // Exit TX thread
+    Ctx->txThreadExit = true;
+    // wait to make sure the thread exited
+    pthread_join(Ctx->htxThread, NULL);
+    // de-Allocate circular buffer
+    txBufFree(&Ctx->circBuf);
+    Ctx->htxThread = 0;
+    if(Ctx->alignBuf)
+        free(Ctx->alignBuf);
+
    DtsReleaseMemPools(Ctx);

if((Ctx->DevHandle != 0) && close(Ctx->DevHandle)!=0) //Zero if success
@@ -1600,16 +1610,6 @@ BC_STATUS DtsReleaseInterface(DTS_LIB_CONTEXT *Ctx)

DtsDelDilShMem();

-    // Exit TX thread
-    Ctx->txThreadExit = true;
-    // wait to make sure the thread exited
-    pthread_join(Ctx->htxThread, NULL);
-    // de-Allocate circular buffer
-    txBufFree(&Ctx->circBuf);
-    Ctx->htxThread = 0;
-    if(Ctx->alignBuf)
-        free(Ctx->alignBuf);
-
    free(Ctx);

return BC_STS_SUCCESS;

and userabort.is.not.a.failure.patch:
Code:
diff --git a/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_int_if.cpp b/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_int_if.cpp
index 48d1f4e..f51c238 100644
--- a/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_int_if.cpp
+++ b/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_int_if.cpp
@@ -1047,7 +1047,7 @@ DtsTxDmaText( HANDLE  hDevice ,

*dramOff = pIocData->u.ProcInput.DramOffset;

-    if( BC_STS_SUCCESS != status)
+    if( BC_STS_SUCCESS != status && BC_STS_IO_USER_ABORT != status)
    {
        DebugLog_Trace(LDIL_DBG,"DtsTxDmaText: DeviceIoControl Failed with Sts %d\n", status);
    }

For the "FETCH TIMEOUT" try "sync playback to display" using "audio clock"
goldfinger7476 Wrote:For some reason I am not seeing a xbmc crash log be generated, it is entirely possible that I could be installing the driver in the wrong way, here is what I have been doing

(I am only mostly sure this is the git you were talking about)
$ git clone git://git.wilsonet.com/crystalhd.git/
(I have also tried the svn trunk with svn checkout http://crystalhd-for-osx.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/)
$ cd /crystalhd/linux_lib/libcrystalhd/
$ make
$ sudo make install
$ cd ../../driver/linux
$ autoconf
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install
$ sudo modprobe crystalhd
$ reboot

Where should the xbmc crash log be generating?

you might need gdb installed. "sudo apt-get install gdb"
"Just a quick question though, does the ATV have a cpu power scaling feature? I noticed that it has been saying 600mhz for the CPU speed for a while now and I haven't seen it change, is that a known bug or something?"

That's not a bug Smile, CPU usage is low so kernel slows down the CPU clock.
davilla Wrote:"Just a quick question though, does the ATV have a cpu power scaling feature? I noticed that it has been saying 600mhz for the CPU speed for a while now and I haven't seen it change, is that a known bug or something?"

That's not a bug Smile, CPU usage is low so kernel slows down the CPU clock.

Oh ok just wanted to check that, I didn't think the atv would do that on the linux install
Just installed the latest svn r161 and it seems to have fixed my issues, HD content is playing back with ease now
goldfinger7476 Wrote:Just installed the latest svn r161 and it seems to have fixed my issues, HD content is playing back with ease now

Yea, that was a bugger to find Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV not playing 1080p even with Crystal HD card0