Werid Playback Issue
Hi,

Im running XBMC Dharma Beta 1 on Ubuntu 10.04 with a Asus P5N7A-VM (9300 IGP) and have been having some werid playback issues for a while. I also had the same problem on XBMC 9.11 with Ubuntu 9.10. All HD content is processed by the GPU and all SD is processed by the CPU.

Whenever I playback a video (SD or HD) I get a weird fuzzy line about 1/3 of the way up the screen. Its not really noticeable but it annoys me, especially after getting the rest of XBMC running just the way I like it.

At first I thought it might be the screen so tried a different screen and found the same problem, tried a different HDMI cable, same problem.

So then decided it must be software, so upgraded the default Ubuntu 10.04 nvidia drivers to last 256.xx? version, and still the problem occurs.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?
Do you have vsync enabled?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Do you have vsync enabled?

Is vsync enabled at the application or OS level? I haven't intentionally enabled it.
Either. And you want it enabled. Just turn it on in XBMC may be the quickest route.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Either. And you want it enabled. Just turn it on in XBMC may be the quickest route.

Enabled vsync in XBMC and it hasnt made a difference, any other ideas?

thnx
Screenshot it. At the moment we're shooting in the dark.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Werid Playback Issue0