Jdownloader guide for xbmclive beta ?
Is there a guide to install jdownloader on a xbmclive beta 1 install and have it run headless, via its addon webinterface, on ubuntu ?

I'd love to have it running like sabnzbd+, couchpotato, sickbeard and transmission.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
Me like too!
Mmmm well i tried the following from another guide :-

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jd-team/jdownloader

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install jdownloader

That installs jdownloader fine but it refuses to start as it runs under x windows.

Even tried following the guide here

http://service.jdownloader.net/old/wiki....nux_Server

there must be a way of running this on xbmclive ?
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
OK i'm getting somewhere, installed, as above then did the following.

sudo nano jdownload.sh

Inserted the following in the file

Code:
#!/bin/bash
fluxbox &
jdownloader
killall -9 fluxbox

I then made this executable

sudo chown +x jdownload.sh

Then i installed the executor plugin in dharma and directed it to launch jdownload.sh

This brought up jdownloaders graphical interface where it updated itself. I could then install the web interface plugin and configure as i required.

I exited that and ran, through command line shell. jdownloader without an interface

jdownloader -ghost

I now have jdownloder running under xbmclive with the web interface.

This is likely NOT the best way of doing things and i'd love to hear of a better way. But at the moment things appear to be working. I just need to get this to autorun now and stop all the shell output.
-= My Media Centre =-
Well that didn't work LOL. As soon as i added a link to the webinterface the program wanted to again run the x interface. Sad Bugger.
-= My Media Centre =-
well i have jdownloader running via the executor plugin but its less than ideal.

Xbmc beta 1 launches and runs, i then run the executor plugin that inturn runs the jdownload.sh script, this runs jdownloader.

I then minimize jdownloader and maximize xbmc and can perform everything else via the webinterface plugin of jdownloader.

But this requires a keyboard, is there a better way ?

I have to minimize xbmc and maximize jdownloader to perform any setup issues but thats ok for the most part as once set up, it runs fine.

What i would like to try and achieve is have jdownloader run at startup but minimized and xbmc boot as normal. Anyone any ideas how best to achieve this ?
-= My Media Centre =-
Hi,

there's a tool called Xvfb. It's a virtual x server. You could try to run jdownloader on a different xterminal. So you could use the xbmc session on the one xterminal and the jdownloader on the virtual one.

This should work.
Mmmm now thats a thought but Xvfb does look a little complex.
-= My Media Centre =-
or nxserver, it is very easy to work with.

Quote:mkdir Downloads
cd Downloads

wget http://64.34.161.181/download/3.4.0/Linu...5_i386.deb
wget http://64.34.161.181/download/3.4.0/Linu...6_i386.deb
wget http://64.34.161.181/download/3.4.0/Linu...8_i386.deb

sudo dpkg -i nxclient_3.4.0-5_i386.deb nxnode_3.4.0-6_i386.deb nxserver_3.4.0-8_i386.deb

sudo apt-get upgrade -f
We get some errors becuase dpkg can not handela the dependencies we can either do that manually or:

sudo reboot

Now we can connect from the laptop with nx server.
Select custom and enter
/usr/bin/startfluxbox
Mmmm i'm really looking for a way to have this handled automatically at startup. So it runs Jdownloader and minimizes it, then runs xbmc as normal. Ideally i'd like to not see jdownloader at all and control via the web addon when needed and only use config on the xbmc system when something needs addressing.

NXServer might be perfect though for altering configs through the laptop without the need for the keyboard on the xbmc pc.
-= My Media Centre =-
I spent a lot of time looking for a Headless Rapidshare Downloader, controlled through a WebUI. I looked at jDownloader but because it is dependent on an XServer it was not going to be an option for me:

I then finally found DownloadDaemon

http://downloaddaemon.sourceforge.net/

it has an ubuntu PPA meaning that it is an easy option (Recent changes to Rapidshare have broken Premium Downloading in the PPA release, it is fixed in source and according to the developer it will be updated in the PPA by the end of the month)

You can also install a php web-ui on your server that allows you control downloads, or it has clients for All Platforms that can connect to the Daemon and allow control from anywhere.

Just thought it might help someone!

The Capt.
Capt.Insano Wrote:I spent a lot of time looking for a Headless Rapidshare Downloader, controlled through a WebUI. I looked at jDownloader but because it is dependent on an XServer it was not going to be an option for me:

I then finally found DownloadDaemon

http://downloaddaemon.sourceforge.net/

it has an ubuntu PPA meaning that it is an easy option (Recent changes to Rapidshare have broken Premium Downloading in the PPA release, it is fixed in source and according to the developer it will be updated in the PPA by the end of the month)

You can also install a php web-ui on your server that allows you control downloads, or it has clients for All Platforms that can connect to the Daemon and allow control from anywhere.

Just thought it might help someone!

The Capt.

Thanks Capt. and i got really excited when i saw your post as an alternative to jdownloader that runs via a web interface and isn't dependent on java, i've been searching for days for such a thing. Unfortunately although this program sounds perfect it doesn't have megaupload premium options Sad The author wrote a plugin that didn't work Sad So back to the search for me.

There must be some linux web only interface alternatives that would run better on xbmc surely ?
-= My Media Centre =-
danz0l Wrote:Unfortunately although this program sounds perfect it doesn't have megaupload premium options Sad The author wrote a plugin that didn't work Sad

The developer(s) is(are) really open to suggestions and bug-reports.
(I'm not sure how many of them there are!!)

Head to the forum and post your prob, you will prob get a solution and prob get the plugin fixed intime for the next PPA release. As I said the Rapidshare Premium is also broken in PPA but fixed in source.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/downloaddaemon/forums

You dont even need to login to post!
thanks mate, will do Smile
-= My Media Centre =-
Capt it seem there is experimental support for Megaupload premium and i got it working on windows 7 but having a hard time getting it to function under ubuntu. Can you offer a step by step ?

Heres what i have done so far.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:agib/ppa Which imported the key perfectly.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install downloaddaemon

Had some issues with access rights so did

chown -R xbmc:downloadd /etc/downloaddaemon

DownloadDaemon -d

That works and i can connect to the daemon via the windows GUI program but it refuses to download (have checked the paths to the download folder etc).

Incase its a user rights issue i tried running the daemon with user and group i.e.

DownloadDaemon -u xbmc -g xbmc
Quote:Setting the groups of the DownloadDaemon user failed. This is a problem if you make downloaddaemon should download to a folder that is only writeable for a supplementary group of DownloadDaemon, but not to the downloadd user itsself.

adding a file (with the daemon still running) starts the process then stops. On the linux console i get

Quote:sh: giftopnm: not found

Any ideas ?
-= My Media Centre =-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jdownloader guide for xbmclive beta ?0