with wifi drivers for giada cube n3 nvidia ion

as i dont undersatnd linus shells and typing stuff

i found a xbmc with the hdmi driver so i have that working now
but hopefully looking for a build with network drivers installed

i dont want to have to run windows
and install the driver disc that came with the pc

i want to keep it a stand alone fast xbmc media player
vader74 Wrote:as i dont undersatnd linus shells and typing stuff

Isn't that a good reason to use Windows?

JR
true but id rather not
if there is a xbmc build out there

i dont want to bog it down with cr4p
i want it fast as a stand alone media player

not for wasting more time on the net
i have a pc for that Smile
does anyone know how to get them to work
vader74 Wrote:does anyone know how to get them to work

Use Windows?

JR
[quote=jhsrennie]Use Windows?

JR[/QUOTdo u use windows
I see your point JR. However, if he doesnt have a win license that is not possible. This is why I turned to Linux. That and that I need mulltiple background rdp sessions. (I know both are possible without paying, but....)

Vader, If you are not interested in learning linux and do some google your are stuck with xbmc live as it is. I am sure wifi config will be included in live soon.

Back to your question, are you sure that you are missing drivers or are you real problem wifi configuration?
If the drivers for your wifi is not included you have to download and install them. (Funny enough exactly what you have to do with missing drivers in win).

If you are not sure, boot the ubuntu Lucid live desktop CD. If you network in that one you are fine.
vader74 Wrote:do u use windows

Yes. The Dharma beta works very well on Windows. I have it running on a Revo 3610 with Windows 7, my development machine with Server 2008R2 and even an old Mac Mini with Bootcamp and Windows XP (NB no hardware acceleration on WinXP).

JR
vikjon0 Wrote:I see your point JR. However, if he doesnt have a win license that is not possible. This is why I turned to Linux. That and that I need mulltiple background rdp sessions. (I know both are possible without paying, but....)

Vader, If you are not interested in learning linux and do some google your are stuck with xbmc live as it is. I am sure wifi config will be included in live soon.

Back to your question, are you sure that you are missing drivers or are you real problem wifi configuration?
If the drivers for your wifi is not included you have to download and install them. (Funny enough exactly what you have to do with missing drivers in win).

If you are not sure, boot the ubuntu Lucid live desktop CD. If you network in that one you are fine.

ive read up on linux stuff
but it doesnt make any sende to me
all the text i have to input
i dont evne know wher eor how to even start

i insatalled the ubuntu lucied and i could see my network but could not connect to internet

the giada cube htpc came with drivers disc
and i do have win 7 but as there is no dvd rom drive it pretty silly

and if i cant get on to net how can i donlowd anything

id prefer to have xbmc live as boot up

as i want just to be able to stream media from my desktop xp pc

if i really have to ill instal windows
but id rather keep it a standalone xbmc

as i dont want to get viruses and beable to surf the web
as i have a pc and laptop for that
Quote:i insatalled the ubuntu lucied and i could see my network but could not connect to internet
If you can see the network ubuntu have the drivers and xbmclive is based on ubuntu.
This answer your question.
Quote:is there a build
with wifi drivers for giada cube n3 nvidia ion
You problem is configering wifi in command line since there is for the moment no support in the xbmc gui.
Use google, read the existing threads on this or if necessary create a new thread in the xbmc linux sub forum.

Quote:as i dont want to get viruses and beable to surf the web
I dont understand what you are talking about, just dont surf the web with it if you dont want to.

You have three options:
1) Use windows. How to get the drivers from the dvd to the HD is not really supported here.
2) Use ubuntu desktop and install xbmc & xbmc-standalone. Select XBMC instead of gnome deskopt as default session type.
3) install xbmc live and learn to config wifi from command line. I totally understand this is too advanced for many users, but it is just a fact that it is not supported in xbmc in current version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wifi drivers0