XBMC library import logic
I've read a bit around and discovered that you have to name your folders the exact name of the show in order for it to be properly imported.

Why can't it read normal scene-tagged directories? It's a very simple naming convention that everyone sticks to for giving all the info you need in a folder name. It's really just a matter of truncating the name with some easy criterias and then doing a search. I bet a lot of people have this same problem and is unwilling to rename their entire library because of a poor import algorithm. Is there an easy way to make a TV show database externally with a better processing script and import it?
XBMC quite happily deals with "scene" names for the most part. I believe plenty of XBMC users obtain movies and tv episodes online never rename anything (and never unrar anything either).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Really? Maybe something I did wrong then.. I have a big folder with about 100 subfolders, the only show it detected was Deadwood, because the folder was actually called "Deadwood".

Examples of other folder names are Terminator.The.Sarah.Connor.Chronicles.S01.2008.720p.BluRay.x264-ESiR
Top.Gear.S15E01.720p.HDTV.x264-BiA

None were found using the buildt-in scraper :-(
Your much better off having one folder "Top Gear" and all episode in that folder its stupid to have every episode in its own folder, or having a season folder as well which I think is optional not required

/Top Gear/ Season 1 (All episodes for season 1, not in separate folders)

Just use the search in what ever OS your in to search all episodes for a particular show and drag them all into one folder in one go from the search window takes no time at all
The manual clearly specifies that _for_tv_shows_ you first need a folder per show. Under that you can have whatever you like.

XBMC doesn't care how many folders you have inside your "Deadwood" folder for example.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC library import logic0