• 12(current)
Release flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon
Not work. Version 1.0.8 Log:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLOConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Evg\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.flickr\default.py", line 1070, in <module>
if fsession.authenticate(force=True):
File "C:\Users\Evg\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.flickr\default.py", line 357, in authenticate
(token, frob) = self.flickr.get_token_part_one(perms='read',auth_callback=self.doTokenDialog)
File "C:\Users\Evg\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.flickr\flickrapi\__init__.py", line 749, in get_token_part_one
rsp = self.auth_getFrob(auth_token=None, format='xmlnode')
File "C:\Users\Evg\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.flickr\flickrapi\__init__.py", line 349, in handler
parse_format=args['format'], **args)
File "C:\Users\Evg\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.flickr\flickrapi\__init__.py", line 427, in __wrap_in_parser
data = wrapped_method(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Evg\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.flickr\flickrapi\__init__.py", line 402, in __flickr_call
flicksocket = urllib2.urlopen(url, post_data)
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 404, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 422, in _open
'_open', req)
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 1222, in https_open
return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPSConnection, req)
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 1184, in do_open
raise URLError(err)
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLOConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure>
-->End of Python script error report<--
I have a big photostream, but kodi only downloads 500 pictures at a time, is it possible to load more? or automaticly load another 500 when it has shown the first 500?
I also have a large photostream - over 10,000 photos Smile

That's a limit of the Flickr API, as I recall.
ok, but can the flickr addon continue? or can I stay on the photostream directory and start the slideshow from there?
I have installed the flickr add-on in Openelec on my Raspberry Pi. I have gotten to the point where I receive the message to go to the old URL to receive a code. After searching here I did find that this page https://auth.2ndmind.com/ was still available, but it also asks for an authentication code. I haven't figured out where I should go online to submit my email to receive such a code. I also cannot find a set of instructions for the authentication process, so I'm just guessing from what I found on the Flickr services site information about the API. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean

This is resolved, as I figured out how to do this by working through it at Flickr. Thanks!
Sorry, I figured out how to do this through Flickr. I didn't see a way to completely delete my post, so I'm replying before anyone goes to the trouble of writing up an answer.
(2015-12-13, 19:08)Gurtol Wrote: ok, but can the flickr addon continue? or can I stay on the photostream directory and start the slideshow from there?
No, the slideshow won't continue past the current page. If you do a recursive slideshow (on the slideout menu), it will keep loading pages, but with over 10000 photos, this will basically hang Kodi for an hour or so.
(2015-12-26, 19:09)impossible man Wrote: Sorry, I figured out how to do this through Flickr. I didn't see a way to completely delete my post, so I'm replying before anyone goes to the trouble of writing up an answer.

Just for future reference, if you have the latest version and 'Access as user' is enabled in the add-on settings, you will get a authentication dialog when starting the addon that gives you a code and a URL (auth.2ndmind.com). When you go to the URL you enter the code, press ENTER and wait for the authorization to finish. If you had a different dialog, it is likely you have an older version of the addon.
(2015-12-26, 19:56)ruuk Wrote: No, the slideshow won't continue past the current page. If you do a recursive slideshow (on the slideout menu), it will keep loading pages, but with over 10000 photos, this will basically hang Kodi for an hour or so.
Is there any Picture add-on which have that "recursive slideshow" feature fast, while streaming from any online storage? I tied to wait for Picasa photos slideshow starting for ages.. It's noteworthy that sliding the photos in browser works really fast.
Sorry for offtop
Guys, afaics the add-on lists 50pics at a time. Is it possible to change this? (Say, to 200 for ex) thx
(2016-05-04, 22:24)bam80 Wrote:
(2015-12-26, 19:56)ruuk Wrote: No, the slideshow won't continue past the current page. If you do a recursive slideshow (on the slideout menu), it will keep loading pages, but with over 10000 photos, this will basically hang Kodi for an hour or so.
Is there any Picture add-on which have that "recursive slideshow" feature fast, while streaming from any online storage? I tied to wait for Picasa photos slideshow starting for ages.. It's noteworthy that sliding the photos in browser works really fast.
Sorry for offtop
When Kodi does a recursive slideshow, it first gathers all the paths for each image. This means that it fetches each page before it starts the slideshow. Also I believe it checks each path as well, slowing things down even further. There is nothing I can do about this. The only solution (other than someone improving the Kodi slideshow code) is to handle a slideshow in the addon. I may do this someday, but I don't have time right now.
(2016-05-05, 10:21)PantsOnFire Wrote: Guys, afaics the add-on lists 50pics at a time. Is it possible to change this? (Say, to 200 for ex) thx
In the addon settings you can change 'Max Number Of Photos Per Page'
Gawd silly me, I remember that setting from years ago but must have overlooked it! D'oh. cheers!
Hi guys, I've got a question about the add-on. The problem I'm having is that when i hit C (context menu) then Start Slideshow, it's taking an awfully long time to start the slideshow.

Scenario: rPi2 Kodi 15.2 (osmc), Flickr add-on > Interesting today (200 items listed). I timed it, the slideshow took 4mins15sec to start.

What is going on here? I am guessing that Kodi is perhaps scanning all the media before it starts the show? I've never been a fan of kodi's 'scanning media information' when it comes to photos. It slows things down too much and for most people it's just unnecessary, there should be an option to disable it- maybe there is?

Anyway rant over, the Pi2 isn't particularly fast so that could be the culprit, but is this a Kodi issue or the add-on?
I bet it's Kodi's design flaw related to scanning the paths for each image. Pi's speed is unrelated. You could try the same add-on on fast PC and rather see any speed difference..
I suspected as much. It's actually somewhat ironic that arguably the simplest form of media for playback is so troubled.

Media information for photos... I really find it pretty much pointless. Does anyone use kodi to review technical details like camera used, lens, iso? I can't think that many people do. I think it should be made optional.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon6