• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
Thumbs Up 
SKIN AEON MQ 2 - NEW VERSION 2.8.1

This version is compatible with XBMC Dharma 10.1 and XBMC Eden Pre 11

I want to make a special thanks to Wanilton (official beta tester) for their help in preparing the skin. A person always contributing good ideas. Thank you for everything!
I want to make a special thanks you to all donators and translators who helped to make the skin better.

News in version 2.8.1:

Skin faster, Lite mode, new colors of cases, support script Next Aired, Shelf view, CoverFlow view, Widget Aeon MQ 2, Media Case for Bluray 3D and more ...

Summary of functions of the skin:

- Lite Mode - In this mode, the skin uses less resources keeping the main functionalities. If you have an AppleTV2 or Low End HTPC and would like a skin faster, select this mode.

- Compact Mode - In this mode, only items already in the main menu may be customised. If you do not need new menus, or want the fastest browsing experience, select this mode.

- Normal Mode - In this mode, the skin allows for up to 7 new menus and 35 custom submenus. For a good balance of customisation and browsing speed, select this mode.

- Full Mode - In this mode, the skin allows for up to 35 new menus and new 310 custom submenus. If you need the greatest amount of customisation, select this mode.

- Pro Mode - In this mode, the skin uses the original Aeon style. It allows for up to 7 new menus and as many as 35 custom submenus. If you prefer a traditional Aeon look, choose this mode.

- Styles; Choose a different style to the menu bar and the icon of the last added, are three different types as well as 11 colors available.

- Supports multiple plugins such as Apple Movie Trailers, Next Aired, PseudoTV, TVtunes, Cinema Experience, CULyrics, LRCLyrics, XBMC subtitles among others.

- Updater - Exclusive Update mode to make small corrections quickly and conveniently than the Addon Repository itself to complete updates.

Changelog 2.8.1:

Fix - Update error.

Changelog 2.8.0:

New - Lite Mode, which uses low resources, suitable for Low End HTPCs .
New - Support to Next Aired script.
New - Shelf view - support the Movies, Shows and Serials.
New - CoverFlow view - support the Movies, and Music Shows and Serials.
New – Widget ‘Skin Status’. He tells the theme used, style used, version of the skin and a button to check for updates.
New - Popup progress reports that update the skin.
New - Configuration window for the view modes, now it's easier to turn on and off, and there is a preview of each mode.
New - Landscape now supports landscape.jpg.
New - View Mode Wide now supports alternative banner.
New - Media Case for Bluray 3D.
New - New Color for default Media Case.
New - Support for colors in all skin.
New - Improved access to audio/video controls via the keyboard in main menu.
New - Button to reset all settings of the skin, corrects errors and improves the browsing speed.
New - Option to turn off the Movie Cover in OSD.
New - Translation Updated - Spanish - thanks to tonigb for that.

Fix - Custom Background for Weather Weather.plus.
Fix - Missing submenu during audio visualization in main menu.
Fix - Missing submenu in XBMC Eden pre 11.
Fix - Overlay the video window with weather in the main menu.
Fix - Default background for TVshows.
Fix - Low List view, the clearart gets in the way of the Info Panel.
Fix - WIDE view, included watched flag if the list is focused.
Fix - Inclusion of German Rating in DialogFullScreenInfo (thanks to mad-max).
Fix - ShowCase view for Playlist, scripts, programas and pictures.
Fix - small fix of language.
Fix - If you add a new menu is not displayed correctly the bar red or blue - enabled and disabled.
Fix - Fanart Fallback function does not work properly for the collection and SmartPlaylist.
Fix - Maximize List in Low List view causes info to overlap.
Fix - Low List view, "Director" label with translation error.
Fix - Thumb on OSD it does not look good when the show is in 4:3 format.
Fix - When using Landscape on the OSD as thumb, no thumbnail is displayed.
Fix - Multi DVD setup, the selection popup for the Part 1, Part 2 etc. not very clear.
Fix - Recently Added/TVshow plot - Fixed problem with text overlapping in some cases, and was included the scroll.

Change - Shortcut customisation - Cinema, PseudoTV and TV Guide - appear only if you have the addon installed.
Change - Video Fanart Splitter(random background) is no longer more included in the skin. You must install the add-on.

Themes updated to version 2.8.1, the old themes do not work correctly.
More themes available: - There are 6 different themes for you to manually install with just one click.

- Cold Colors - Dark
- Cold Colors - Light
- Digital Art - Dark
- Digital Art - Light
- Warm Colors - Dark
- Warm Colors - Light

Please read this carefully before attempting to upgrade your current version.

Before installing a new version, XBMC deletes the previous version of the skin, but because this skin is being used it can only delete half of it, what happens?
The old skin is not removed correctly if this happens you will see only a black screen. Do not worry just install again using a different skin.

Open XBMC change to Confluence, go to System> Add-ons and then yes install the Aeon MQ 2.8.1 by ZIP option.
Doing so has no error.

Here we go, how to install:

Download the new repository and install the Add-ons> Install via ZIP.
Then select Get Add-ons, choose Repo Aeon MQ> Skin and select Install.
At the end of the download is normal to get a black screen for a few seconds, this is a feature of XBMC .
If an error occurs just install again.

VERY IMPORTANT:

In version 2.8.1, many commands then changed or are no longer used, so to ensure that your skin works well (fast), after installing the skin is strongly use the new "SKIN RESTART" in menu AEON MQ 2, this function corrects errors and Improve the browsing speed.
[b]Is no longer necessary to delete the guisettings.xml

All download links are on my site

Visit my site here

How to update:

This skin has two ways of updating:

1 - Updater, it only refreshes the revision of the skin.
The check for updates is always done after 1 minute you open the skin and then every 6 hours with the skin open. Is now also possible to search manually when you want using the new widget 'Skin Status'.
A popup appears informing the update and then reboot to be able to apply the changes.

2 - Repo add-on, like the other add-ons updates the skin when complete, will be used only when you have a new version of the skin.

How to install the themes: - additional themes are just, the download is optional

Download one of the theme files (they are self-extracting file)
Execute the file (i.e. double-click) and it will unzip the theme files to the correct location on your hard drive.
Run xbmc, open skin SETTINGS > APPEARANCE and select the theme.

DOWNLOAD - All addons necessary skin AeonMQ 2.8.1 (thanks Wanilton for it)

Some screens:

Want more pictures?
Visit my site here

Hope you enjoy.
A masterpiece, MarcosMQ congratulations for their dedication in making this skin, the most functional I've ever experienced. Born fully compatible with the version of XBMC Dharma, which makes it unique now.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Okay so I just installed this. It runs fast on my Revo, lol. I can't wait to explore some more...

I'd love if the homescreen was default though.

EDIT: If I can setup this skin like I have done with Aeon65, I'd use this skin. It's very fast, and Aeon 65 was fast to begin with. I'm shocked that the revo runs it so well.

EDIT 2: I just realized that the default Aeon style homescreen is available as an option! Wow.

EDIT 3: I'm disappointed that the Old Multiplex runs laggy. It does the same in Aeon65. It's my favorite viewtype. Any tips to speed it up?
Very nice from some initial testing on my Asrock 330 boxes. I have to say that Aeon65 runs pretty snappy on my machine, but this does run faster overall.

Definitely going to be giving it some more testing over the next couple of days -
WoW ... i always loved the Horizonz Home Menu ...
Thanx for this fantastic Job mate ...

One Request: I haven't seen where to add a Custom Item to Home ... will this option be implemented ? That would be just great ... thanx thanx thanx ...

cheers
Witwooooooo looks good, nice work Nod.
Youtube videos plz, wanna check it out in motion and im at work Sad
Linus82 Wrote:Youtube videos plz, wanna check it out in motion and im at work Sad

Just install XBMC on your Workstation ... Big Grin
Linus82 Wrote:Youtube videos plz, wanna check it out in motion and im at work Sad

Look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLdk6oKuftk

here is a small sample, using skin AeonMQ with voxcommando (VOICE CONTROL) in PT BR, since the developer is Brazilian.
Video was made by me.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Wanilton Wrote:Look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLdk6oKuftk

here is a small sample, using skin AeonMQ with voxcommando (VOICE CONTROL) in PT BR, since the developer is Brazilian.
Video was made by me.

Lookin good, will try when i get home Wink
Great look and is much more faster...

Great work!

Aeon65 is old now.

Thanks!
Nice work.... some glitches scattered around, but for the first release (as far as I can tell, it's a great start!).

glitches I've seen....

- Some of the views are not available (movie views in my instance) even when enabled in the settings. A restart of XBMC fixed this issue (partially).
- Setting custom backdrop folders for the homescreen (choosing a folder for multiple backdrops) didn't work.
- Backdrop transition in the home screen (when moving between menu items) is possibly too instant... there doesn't appear to be a transition effect. It's a matter of taste but feels less 'fluid'

Positives....
Nice improvements on the making options available in the menu within views (e.g. DVD case on/off)
Nice addons integration in the setting menu
Quite a nice font in the home menu (not sure if I prefer the original Aeon or not, I will get used to it!).. but it's definitely nice.
Nice 'advice' given in the settings options when a user chooses something that can slow down navigation.
Nice that it can be updated via addon menu (no need for Git / SVN!!!)

Once again, very good work.... Keep it up ;-)
AnalogKid Wrote:Nice work.... some glitches scattered around, but for the first release (as far as I can tell, it's a great start!).

Once again, very good work.... Keep it up ;-)

Agreed - nice work!

- custom backdrops - I was eventually able to get this to work, I forget exactly how. There seem to be 2 settings for this - the familiar one when you press up/down to select a single image, or a folder, AND a menu entry where you choose if you want to use images from the library. I'll check my settings tonite, but it definitely is working for me now.

- Kiosk Mode - I would LOVE to see a kiosk mode like Showmix had - when it's on you get NO side menu when browsing movies/tv shows. For my 'users' (wife and parents who visit) the side menu is confusing. The 'hack' I use fixes it, but it also disables the 'press up to view trailer' functionality.

Overall though it's very snappy and seems stable. Big Grin
boykster Wrote:Agreed - nice work!

- custom backdrops - I was eventually able to get this to work, I forget exactly how. There seem to be 2 settings for this - the familiar one when you press up/down to select a single image, or a folder, AND a menu entry where you choose if you want to use images from the library. I'll check my settings tonite, but it definitely is working for me now.

- Kiosk Mode - I would LOVE to see a kiosk mode like Showmix had - when it's on you get NO side menu when browsing movies/tv shows. For my 'users' (wife and parents who visit) the side menu is confusing. The 'hack' I use fixes it, but it also disables the 'press up to view trailer' functionality.

Overall though it's very snappy and seems stable. Big Grin

Yeah I saw those settings, sounds like one is overriding / complementing the other...

seems like four possible states between the two options, so I will figure it... quite possibly it just needs documenting or place the two settings next to each other to make it clearer in some way...

Agree with Kiosk mode.... it's too easy in XBMC for kids to 'have a play' and break views etc
Hi guyz,

Really nice Mod! I am on the verge of leaving the Night skin, cause of that one...

@boykster if you are home, could you check your settings, it seems I am unable to found how to customize the main menu backdrop... I have tried every options without luck.

Thanks!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232