[MOD] Poster Mod
Nice work!

I have 'Play trailers full screen' enabled in General settings but it does not seem to recognize it only showing the trailers in a small box. Would it be possible to have it recognize this setting?

Another nice option might be to have the 'Poster Plus' option where the plot, etc. slides in also in the TV Series section similar to the Movies section.
Thanks for the heads up on the full screen trailer. I got it sorted for the next release. As for the posterplus for the tv view, I'll look at it to see if it fits in with what I am doing for the next release.
Redd Wrote:Do you let XBMC scrape your movies or do you use another program like Ember Media Manager and what kind of rip is the movie? I'm just curious to see if I can duplicate it. Thanks.

since im on a mac and i cant be bothere dual booting or VM-ing a windows OS for ember emdia manager i scrape the with XBMC

mostly blu-ray rips in .mkv stuff
its no big deal im already more then happy with ur awesome mod Big Grin
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out why some of mine that I let XBMC scrape don't show the studio but some do and they are ripped the same. I am used to PC and Linux so it is cool to get a perspective from a mac user..Thanks.
question, is there anyway to get the poster glass to show up in other views without a lot of coding? sweet mod, i would love to see the poster glass on slide though. and that watched label is one of the best by far.
1slimm31 Wrote:question, is there anyway to get the poster glass to show up in other views without a lot of coding? sweet mod, i would love to see the poster glass on slide though. and that watched label is one of the best by far.

Yes it is very possible to do in the Slide view with minimal coding, the other views I haven't looked at yet. I just looked at this quickly tonight but I will play around with this some more this week. The slide view is my second favorite view because it was one of my first views that I played around with in the Alaska skin.

I would like to make the watched flag available to everyone (different languages) so I am looking for ways that I can do that so hopefully by my next release I'll have something working.
Did you try rotating the text? Could work, might make the font too jaggy though since it's angled...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Sweet looking forward to the slide view mod. This one may be a little more tricky but if you could do one for 3d banner view in tv shows that would be sweet too.
mcborzu Wrote:Did you try rotating the text? Could work, might make the font too jaggy though since it's angled...

I had thought about the angled text overlaying the strip so that I could localize the text. I will give that a shot to see if I can find a font that won't look horrible at that angle.

My other thought was to put 10 to 15 different textures with the different languages in a folder and code it to pick the correct texture base on the localization. I haven't quite got that far yet and I don't know if that is even possible yet. The watched flag is in psd format so it would take less than 5 mins for me to make 15 different languages.
mcborzu Wrote:Did you try rotating the text? Could work, might make the font too jaggy though since it's angled...

It looks ok at an angle, my problem is that it is showing watched on every movie. I used what you have in the code but substituted a label. It looks like the way that ListItem.Overlay works is for textures. I'm probably missing it but how do show a watched label instead of a watched texture? This is what I am using:

Code:
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>-165</posx>
                        <posy>55</posy>
                        <width>290</width>
                        <height>335</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                        <font>Font_Bartowski_MainMenu_Context</font>
                        <textcolor>white</textcolor>
                        <angle>45</angle>
                        <label>[b]$LOCALIZE[16102][/b]</label>
                        <visible>[Skin.HasSetting(movieoverlays) | Skin.HasSetting(tvoverlays)] + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Overlay)</visible>
                    </control>
any chance of an update on this awesome mode that includes the updates in the original skinn.

again just asking Big Grin
o and btw dont know how or why but in landscape view for tv-shows and then in the season views the landscape images are the same as the landscape image for the tv show so no seperate view for each season.

hope that made sense if not i can post a screenshot later.
any updates here just asking so im bumping it.
voidy Wrote:any updates here just asking so im bumping it.

Update is coming. Did you have problems applying the mod to the latest version of Night?
Redd Wrote:Update is coming. Did you have problems applying the mod to the latest version of Night?

not tried it yet tbh Tongue will try it when im at home

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Poster Mod0