Now, searching a good HTPC decoder & speakers....
poofyhairguy Wrote:I think the 508 is a VERY good receiver- it is very similar to the 607.

I think the ONKYO HT-S5300 would be an option if you can find it. Also I would look at something like a Onkyo 508 + the Polk RM705 speaker set.

I have the Onkyo 508 and the Polk RM705 set. It sounds great! The reciever is very nice; I'm no audiophile but it sounds great, has lots of features, and was a relatively low price. Only thing I would've wanted is the ability to pipe my Cable into it so watch some HD stuff in 5.1. I'd definitely recommend the two products together.
Took my onkyo 607 in to get repaired today after osd setupmenu/component/composite in -> hdmi out broke.

My point -> Make sure you get a decent warranty with any onkyo receiver. Luckily I heeded this advice when I bought.

Had very good experience with the product for over a year prior to this though! Would buy it again.
Thums up for Onkyo TX-NR808
3d ready, so when the time comes u dont have to get a new reciver for that.
I can also recomend combinding it with DLS T5 speaker series.

Cheers
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
onkyo 508 plus athena LS series speakers equalls buckets of sound and quality, i just sold my denon 1707 and couldn't be happier with the onkyo, i work as a home theatre installer as well as car stereo's, it all comes down to what your ears hear, i bought focal 6.5inch splits for the work van and didn't even bother with the top of the range model because i thought the model under neath had a better tone to them. But big thumbs up on the onkyo

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Now, searching a good HTPC decoder & speakers....0