Dharma RC1 - User Profile Directory
Hello.

I installed Dharma RC1 (windows 7), and it gave me the option during install to specify the location of the user folder (cache items, thumbnails etc) under the user profile or another location i presume the 'program files'. I selected the user profile.

i now wish to change this as i want other profiles to access one common location. how do i change the path. i spent many hours trying to change this without luck. I Even uninstalled XBMC and reinstalled but the option did not come back. this setting and path seems to be embedded somewhere in my system.

please help.
It's (probably) simpler than you think and doesn't need a reinstall.

When you run XBMC.exe it looks for it's data in %appdata%\xbmc i.e. in your profile, so each user will have different data. If you run XBMC.exe with the arguament -p it looks for it's data in C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data and all users will share this data. This is known as portable mode.

So just right click the shortcut you use to start XBMC and select Properties. In the target field append a space then -p. Now when you start XBMC it will use portable mode so all user accounts will use the same data.

If you have more than one shortcut for XBMC, e.g. one on the desktop as well as one on the Start menu, make sure you change them all.

JR
Thanks dude. That was the fix.

Should have asked sooner...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma RC1 - User Profile Directory0