Voice and Video Telephony features...
i have another item i wanted to ask about as it could be very useful and considered as part of a media center by my definition if the idea matured.  telephony support.  what i am wondering is recent postings about caller id sparked my interest, the current scripts work to a point.  they will only show caller id on the screen when you are in the main menu, so it is not 100% functional.  i feel this would be an extremely convenient feature to have.  to me, this would be every bit, if not more useful than receiving xlink popup messages.  now onto the rest of what i mean by if the idea behind telephony support maturing.  microsoft makes the eyetoy, a webcam for xbox, so we have a common ground for videoconferencing here.  since it is made for xbox the drivers should be relatively easy to find, not necessarily make work as i know nothing of doing this, but we would at least be able to find them.  this eliminates the issue of driver compatibility and not everybody having the same webcams, etc.  the idea of videoconferencing is why i would consider this part of a media center by my definition.  in my experience, most modders know other modders, so this may be a way to help videoconferencing take off at the same time.  the technology has been here for quite awhile now, but the public has barely taken to the idea of videoconferencing, with this kind of support with such a huge community, we may be able to "push the envelope".  what do you guys think?  could this be considered part of a media center by your definition of the word, or would it be a useful/cool enough feature to give a little time/thought to?

while i am writing this extra long post, i want to take a minute to say what an amazing job you guys are doing.  xbmc is honestly the best piece of software for the xbox.  also, once you are finished with dvd menu support, it will completely destroy any other retail hardware and/or software moreso than it already does.

thank you for your time and consideration,
los93sol

edit by mod: splitted this post into two (instead of simply putting into garbage bin), separated the mediaportal-client and telephony questions!

Big Grin 
respect that all those things have been suggested/requested before in separate threads so instead of starting a new please post in them.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Voice and Video Telephony features...0