What is causing the momentary speedup of video after unpausing, a bug?
I have the same thing with AppleTV1, at first I thought my hard drive was fragmented, and it was so, I defragged it but it did not change anything.

My lag/speedup is 2 seconds at most, sporadic and totally unpredictable.

Also I confirm that this is new since Dharma release.

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
I have done some sound testing yesterday, and I can confirm that using WASAPI on both HDMI and/Or Optical/coax settings will eliminate this problem completely. although I found a bug in XBMC after playing the Video "any video" for some time, about 30 seconds or a minute from start if I pause for 10 to 20 seconds and then play the movie again the sound will be completely go out of sync, It will become very late and with echo.

No matter what settings I tried to fix Sync Audio/Video it just does not work in WASAPI. Obviously the sync options does not apply to WASAPI, but if I use the navigation buttons to jump forward or backwards the sound goes back to sync again, but not very practical.

I think we might need a ticket for this one, If WASAPI works flawlessly I will not be forced to use any other option that causes delay in Audio/Video sound sync.

Cheers,
EG.
So what's the deal? Is it fixed?
Wrooty Wrote:So what's the deal? Is it fixed?

No, the lag's still there. Incredibly annoying, I must say.
Big Grin 
SoCol Wrote:No, the lag's still there. Incredibly annoying, I must say.

Looks like theuni made a update on the front page which includes a statement about FFmpeg being updated to a newer version which includes some playback bugfixes in the nightly builds. Apparently Windows and OSX nightly builds are up and the Ubuntu PPA is expected to be updated soon... I can't wait! Big Grin
I've updated to 10.1 (Live) and still have this issue. Is it not supposed to be fixed in this release?
dvdapex Wrote:I've updated to 10.1 (Live) and still have this issue. Is it not supposed to be fixed in this release?

I'm sad to find out there's no fix for this in 10.1 either No
Question 
I just did a search on bugtracker to see if anything has been filed in regards to this but came up with nothing. Is anyone aware of an actual bug report submission related to this thread? If not, I'd be happy to file my first ;-)
I'm pretty sure http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7338 is the bug for this issue.
deviantintegral Wrote:I'm pretty sure http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7338 is the bug for this issue.

I'm not sure, it may be related but I get the speedup/skipping in playback, no pausing.

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
Is this still being looked into? I have slow playback the same 1-2 second still when I unpause a video. the audio stays but video stays still for 1-2 seconds Sad
Hi! With thanks to X3lectric I have discovered why my system was doing this. It's so simple and easy I thought its worth you all trying!

Instead of "space bar" to pause and play, use "p"

Good luck!
the issue still exists for me even in the latest git version as of half an hour ago.
Thought I'd tag on to this thread as opposed to start my own.

Playing a DVD through XBMC, pause it for a few minutes, come to unpause and the audio is a few seconds out from the video. Didn't seem to correct itself in the short time I could stand watching it like it!

A quick chapter back and then forward again and it started from the selected chapter fine.

A quick scan through this thread seems that it's still a problem, am I right, or have I scanned over the solution.

Cheers
This thread was an early Google hit for "xbmc playback is quick after unpausing." I'm still having the problem in v12.2. Is there a fix in v12.3 or the 13 betas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is causing the momentary speedup of video after unpausing, a bug?0