harmony 300 as MCE remote or MCE Keyboard
hello all,

I'm using a harmony 300 + eventghost with dharma. To get things up an running, I initiallyconfigured the remote as an MCE remote.

However when searching on this forum, I feel that most people with harmony are using it in MCE keyboard mode? Is that "better" in any way? Am I missing out on some handy functionality?

All comments welcome ..
I run on XBMC-LIVE and I use it as a remote it works wells using my MCEUSB profile. not sure about setting it up as a keyboard...

the keyboard and remote have the same functionality. the keyboard might give you more buttons to can map things to, but who really uses more than a couple pages of buttons anyways.

-=Jason=-
I have been wondering the same thing. I like XBMC but I find setting up the remote to be such a pain. I currently have it set as an MCE keyboard with the F6 key set to launch XBMC. Problem is that it does not always work and I cannot figure out why. Is there a way to map key strokes in XBMC for two keys? For eg. alt+a = pause. How do you do this?
rasstar Wrote:I have been wondering the same thing. I like XBMC but I find setting up the remote to be such a pain. I currently have it set as an MCE keyboard with the F6 key set to launch XBMC. Problem is that it does not always work and I cannot figure out why. Is there a way to map key strokes in XBMC for two keys? For eg. alt+a = pause. How do you do this?

Yes. If you're using Windows grab my keymap editor from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/. If not, the syntax is:

<a mod="alt">Pause</a>

JR
topsyturvy Wrote:I'm using a harmony 300 + eventghost with dharma. To get things up an running, I initiallyconfigured the remote as an MCE remote.

That is the old Camelot way. In Dharma there is a pluggin for MCE Remotes that is way better than using Event Ghost. That is what all the chatter is about.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
harmony 300 as MCE remote or MCE Keyboard0