Req Audio mixer?
Something to separate control of audio chanels (with equalizer) in system settings menu or on another place in XBMC GUI? Examle: To set higher volume level of center chanel vs other chanels in 5.1 movies... set lower loudness level i all movies and music. Volume balance right side vs left side or front vs back? Better audio control is only big lack of great XBMC in openelec distribution for me Wink
I believe something like that is on the "list" for audio. No idea on an ETA, and I believe some other stuff needs to be worked out before that gets added, but hopefully one day :)
I wouldn't get your hopes up. They said they have been working on Audio DSP features for over a year now with nothing to show (this isn't a diss, I'm just saying I don't think it's up there on priority for them right now or they don't have enough people to work on it). I'd love to see this along with advanced volume normalization options as well.
(2013-05-03, 23:52)StinDaWg Wrote: I wouldn't get your hopes up. They said they have been working on Audio DSP features for over a year now with nothing to show (this isn't a diss, I'm just saying I don't think it's up there on priority for them right now or they don't have enough people to work on it). I'd love to see this along with advanced volume normalization options as well.

People said the same thing when Eden didn't have support for HD audio. It just took longer than some people thought. To be honest, I'm not sure we were ready for AE in Frodo, given that there have been a lot of issues with it (a growing pain, for sure). We can't add new features until those issues are fixed, plain and simple.

"Nothing to show" is simply incorrect. First, fixes/adjustments have to be made before any code for those features gets added to the master github repo. Second, there is work that has been done on this, but it's just not in the XBMC github repositories. Most new features like this get initially worked on in individual developer repos, or even offline at first.
Any update on this? A quick search on this board shows lots of people asking for this thing for a long time. I remember this thread back from 2011, but I'm sure there are more older than it. I want to reiterate that I am grateful to the XBMC developers for making this happen and for putting on the effort to address bugs and make the software better. Guys, please solve this. This really is a nasty bug and it's ruining the experience of using XBMC for a long time. It's 2013 and we're still dealing with this; and there are new threads reporting this and yet nothing is done about it. Please address this bug. Thank you.
huh, why do you think the absence of feature a few ppl want is a bug? The reality here is that most users either use passthrough or have an AVR that does a better job at being a DSP.

Right now our audio devs have their hands full with a complete AE rewrite. Maybe ask again when this is finished and all bugs fixed.
Ok, so it's not a bug, perhaps you are right. It is a feature without which the software functions improperly for some people. I don't know how many but I assume everyone who uses a 2 channel audio system.
I am sure the audio devs have their hands full and I am sure everybody here respects their work. I just want to join the voices of those who keep reporting this issue for quite some time. XBMC is awesome in a lot of ways, but for the peoaple who have to deal with it, this issue is a real bummer.
if you're using pcm, just screw up your audio using the system equalizer. problem solved.
(2013-08-20, 11:31)spiff Wrote: if you're using pcm, just screw up your audio using the system equalizer. problem solved.

Not sure if being grumpy or not ("screw up audio")... because that sounds like a pretty good idea. Let the OS handle the downmix, and a solution is possible now. I'm almost always using stereo downmixing anyways (no good audio equipment in my home), so I might do this myself.

krusade, what OS are you using?
I'm using Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) at the moment with the intention of upgrading to Precise Pangolin (12.04) in the next few days (I hope this doesn't make a difference in what needs to be tweaked). Please teach us how one should "screw up" with their audio settings to get this done Smile Although I can launch alsamixer, I can't find my way around the terminal with ease, so please bear that in mind.
first things first. an additional feature is worth nothing as long as the basics do not work. This is the case for current audio engine for Windows and Linux. As wsnipex pointed out we have written a new engine and are in testing/fixing phase before we make this the default engine.
The new engine uses ffmpeg which allows setting various parameters like center mix level, surround mix level, or LFE mix level In order to get a notion of what parameters can be set, check this: http://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/swresamp...ource.html

Nevertheless, I doubt that we will have this in Gotham release. Restructuring audio settings page(s) has higher priority.
(2013-08-20, 15:22)krusade Wrote: I'm using Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) at the moment with the intention of upgrading to Precise Pangolin (12.04) in the next few days (I hope this doesn't make a difference in what needs to be tweaked). Please teach us how one should "screw up" with their audio settings to get this done :) Although I can launch alsamixer, I can't find my way around the terminal with ease, so please bear that in mind.

I'm much the same way ;)

I've searched around but haven't found anything yet, but I'll keep looking and will leave a message in this thread if I find anything.
Thank you, Ned.
as long as you output pcm, you can remap using alsa (yes the dreaded .asoundrc), dsound or whichever soundsystem your os is using.. i know for a fact alsa with dmix allows you to set the weights on downmix and i'm surprised if the others would not.
(2013-08-20, 12:37)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-08-20, 11:31)spiff Wrote: if you're using pcm, just screw up your audio using the system equalizer. problem solved.

Not sure if being grumpy or not ("screw up audio")... because that sounds like a pretty good idea. Let the OS handle the downmix, and a solution is possible now. I'm almost always using stereo downmixing anyways (no good audio equipment in my home), so I might do this myself.

Not currently possible on Windows (at least not with my soundcard) or RPi though at the moment, so I'm eagerly awaiting this new feature.

On Windows, with other software that uses external codecs it is possible to use a particular codec (e.g. LAV, ffdshow) that allows adjusting the individual levels but XBMC doesn't use external codecs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio mixer?0