Update: qooxtunes 1.1
One step closer to a web-based itunes UI for your XBMC. Now with playback controls in addition to unmatched library management features.

Read all about it. Or just watch the video.
Some very nice work.

I especially like the playlist handling. You got around some of XBMC's playlist limitations that have been around for some time.

Looking forward to the finished product.
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
What do you think should be in the finished product? I have some ideas, but I'd like to hear from other XBMC users.
I think your UI is close to a finished product as it is.

I have a single suggestion:
Give the user the capability to show what is playing, and the controls, on a collapsible full screen window. Once the playlists are setup and the music is playing it would be nice to show the album cover and artist/song info in a large format on the screen. On the newer laptops with detachable touchscreens this would be cool.

Some thoughts for you going forward:
1) Some users will want to set the "brightness" of the UI. As it is the UI works great in a well lit environment, but it may be too bright in a darkened room.
2) Think about how the UI will handle really large music libraries. Some users I have dealt with have music libraries with over 300K individual songs. Scalability is an issue with those users.

Overall I really, really like what you have done.
Good luck.
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
Very nice work, some suggestion from me:

Adding file mode view of xbmc folders, this is more flexible than libary view for some special solutions...
Adding video mode for Musicvideos which could handled than same as music files, also able so set a mixed playlist than.....
Just tried it out there. It seems to be making requests to my HTPC on port 9103, so I guess that port is hard-coded (my XBMC HTTP interface runs on port 10000, so these requests all fail)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update: qooxtunes 1.11