xbox remote control stopped working. xbmc-live installed: acer revo
xbox dvd remote stopped working one day.

i did absolutely nothing to any of the settings in xbmc.
The only thing it does is update the videos stuff when i surf in there, other than that the remote just stopped working one day. Worked at 1pm, didn't work at 5pm. i didn't even reboot between those times.

lircd is running.
nothing in xbmc's log file about lirc nor the remote that i can find.
what should i search for in that log file?
no, the remote does not have dead batteries.

here is relevent stuff from /var/log/messages:
Code:
Sep 23 15:15:06 XBMCLive kernel: [    9.083643] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
Sep 23 15:15:06 XBMCLive kernel: [    9.285589] lirc_atiusb: USB remote driver for LIRC $Revision: 1.85 $
Sep 23 15:15:06 XBMCLive kernel: [    9.285598] lirc_atiusb: Paul Miller <[email protected]>
Sep 23 15:15:06 XBMCLive kernel: [    9.285648] lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 0
Sep 23 15:15:06 XBMCLive kernel: [    9.285780] lirc_atiusb[2]:  on usb2:2
Sep 23 15:15:06 XBMCLive kernel: [    9.285847] usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_atiusb

i've tried rebooting several times, unplugging the keyboard/mouse/IR

i've run irw from the commandline both as user and root, i get zero activity when i push buttons.

ideas?
seriously no one can help me with this?

i programmed my comcast remote to use the rca dvd remote codes as has worked for others to see if the remote just suddenly broke. i can't get anything to move on screen.

the mouse and keyboard work fine. i unplugged them and that does nothing.

i guess my next bet is to bring the receiver to this machine and see if i can get it working in ircd here.

any other help in the meantime would be very useful. thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbox remote control stopped working. xbmc-live installed: acer revo0