Option to add Custom Home Menu / Main Screen buttons - Configurable via GUI Settings?
Welcome to the club.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61779
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks.. but his method is way to convoluted. While I can do this myself, there is no way in HELL my 68 year old mum is going to be able to understand this, when I send her my weekly documentary and films dvds.... Sad I really think this needs to be included in the default application itself at some point.. either direct native support, or something as simple as right clicking on the file in the library and going "add custom genre"

Thanks for that tutorial though.
Ones your movies are in the library and have proper info you can use Smartplaylists and filter out whatever you like and create your own playlists.

example:
You like docu's so filter out all docu's in your library and call the playlist docu's.Smile

In most skin you open the playlists in video, In MiniMeedia Waffa! you can add those playlist to your home submenu's. Wink
It was also meant as a link to the link that links to the plans for the library Smile
Actually if you would set this up for your mother she would not have to know or learn anything special (only what button to press to switch between docus / other material).
The nfo's are only required for material that cannot be scraped. (plus if you needed to make an nfo for each ep, you would simply upload the nfo along with the media file and update library woudl take care of it just like any other new ep.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
a lot of skins use "home" pages (if not all), and a lot of those pages use icons/links to access various areas of XBMC (settings,videos,movies etc etc)

would there be any way of including a standard api-like feature into XBMC for users to add custom icons/links - maybe somehow linked to the favourites.

when skinners want to let people add custom icons into their home pages, they could then just link to the XBMC custom home icon code in order to tie into that.

Just seemed like a sensible idea Rofl
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to add Custom Home Menu / Main Screen buttons - Configurable via GUI Settings?0