Req Recording/Timeshifting of iptv without backend server
Hello developers!

I wonder if it is possible to somehow support iptv recording from xbmc when using IPTV simple addon. There have be a lot of request to the developer of this addon, but, he said it is not possible cause it is not supported in xbmc. I belive this feauter would be great for users of this addon, it is the only important thing missing. In my experiance, applications for iptv that are standalone, and that don't use backend server to show iptv, are much faster and less glitchy than the one with backend server, like Media portal. I have windows and I currently use MulticastTV, which uses vlc libraries, the sam thing vorks with VLC player alone, you just need m3u playlist with ip numbers of channels. The recording works, pausing channel works, etc. And it is quite stable. So my proposal is, if there is any possibility to make this working in XBMC. Channel switching is also faster in VLC, and it never hangs, I can't say this for Media portal and other backend serves. Also such solution is less resource demanding, so it should work with weeker computers aswell.

I really hope that this post will read someone who has the experiance with programming and shares my vision.

Nevertheless thank you all for great software you provide us for free!

Regards,

Q
So not a single thought or opinion on this topic, from anyone?
Recording/timeshift is responsibility of the addons. There are addons like vnsi which support timeshift and iptv. So this can and should be done in the addons. It won't happen in core XBMC.
(2014-03-11, 12:07)FernetMenta Wrote: Recording/timeshift is responsibility of the addons. There are addons like vnsi which support timeshift and iptv. So this can and should be done in the addons. It won't happen in core XBMC.

Thanks for your answer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording/Timeshifting of iptv without backend server1