How to mange seriers on Scene DVD Release
I have just recently start using XBMC and i am more then happy with it. I only have one small issue and that is i can´t figure out how to get my series i got on scene DVD release in to the tv show media library. From what i have mange to gather i think it has to do with how the folders and .iso/.img files are named but as it is scene releases i am quite unwilling to rename them as it spoils the whole idea with scene releases.

As of now this is the folder structure i have, i have F: as the source in XBMC:

F:\
- How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S01.DVDR-SPARVAR\
- - How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S01D01.ENG.SWE.PAL.DVDR-RaDiuS\
- - - radius-mothers1d1.img
- - How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S01D02.ENG.SWE.PAL.DVDR-RaDiuS\
- - - radius-mothers1d2.img
- - How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S01D03.ENG.SWE.PAL.DVDR-RaDiuS\
- - - radius-mothers1d3.img

I have done some google searches and i can´t mange to find any answer but if i mange to fail, witch is more then likely, i am sorry for that. I have also read the wiki and that is from where i gathered the info about the name, but as i said i would really like to avoid that.

Also i would like to add that is just a few seasons i got on DVD as they are not available on any HD-format, and as i can´t stand the bad quality of dvdrip/xvid that is not an option.
i been reading some more and i did find some info about some tag to use inside a NFO file, and to define the episodes by what second they start. Is there any way to do that in an easy way or is it the hardcore way all out?
Is there nobody out there that have any idea how to fix this?
I think there is more then me out there that have the same issue.

I would be thankful for any help!
A media manager might do this for you automatically, unsure since I dont use one. There might be a tv scraper that does scene releases too...

But otherwise you'll need to rename them to something like:
S01E01E02E03E04E05.img, S01E06E07E08E09E10.img

Or create the nfo yourself manually.

When I rip my DVD's, I used the former option since I really couldn't care less what the files are called when they're in iso/img format.
Thank you for the answer!
But i guess this means i will more or less have to find another solution for the episodes i have on DVD as renaming the ISO/IMG is not a solution as that will brake the release and will mean it can´t be shared anymore.

Going to check out the NFO option a bit more and see if that is a solution for me.
Bumping this old post. I have the same problem as KeTonic. Does anyone know of a solution to this without creating a custom info or renaming the folders?

Also, KeTonic: If you are reading this: did you come to a solution?
Well there was none, XBMC can´t handle series on DVD. Not in a good and easy way that is.

So the Solution for me was switching to HDTV and bluray releases with the x264 standard and .mkv files in rar archives. Most of my series are released this way but the few that are not i found on DVDRip XviD instead and that works for me.

It was a speedbump to redownload all the stuff but it was worth it to be able to use XBMC for everything.

Only thing that i have a problem with right now is Firefly, but thats down to how the episodes numbers did change from TV to Bluray as they was aired the wrong way Tongue
If you're using dvd, you'll have to rename your disk to.

Fx. 1x01-02-03-04.iso or img

It will work all the time.

Same if you have a two part episode in mkv.

Fx. Lost the last season thetvdb have announced the last two episode as two, and on the dvd it's a long episode. So it's called.

6x17-18 and it will be scraped perfectly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to mange seriers on Scene DVD Release0