Cannot input my entire library :)
Hello guys,

After a week of trying, I feel ready to throw in the towel, but wanted to give it a last go by asking for help here...

I have a few dozen videos (feature films) on a hard drive, but have nearly a thousand off-line on a series of data dvd disks. I have made dummy .avi files, one for each movie I have on data dvd's and put them in a folder called "4 FAKE MOVIES"

About a quarter of these movies will successfully be scanned and added to my xbmc library. Why not all of them? Surely even movies which are not found on the movie database should at least show up as a movie name in xbmc?

Here is a rar file containing my 4 FAKE MOVIES folder. Help would be much appreciated.
http://www.videoblurb.com/videos/FAKE_MOVIES.rar

Thanks,
Mark

PC running Dharma Beta2
Fred - firstly might be more use if you provide a debug log of the activity - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708. Secondly a name of a file will show where a movie isn't retrieved from the db's, but only when in 'file' mode, not while in 'library' mode.
steelman1991 Wrote:Fred - firstly might be more use if you provide a debug log of the activity - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708. Secondly a name of a file will show where a movie isn't retrieved from the db's, but only when in 'file' mode, not while in 'library' mode.

Hi
Yes, sorry, I just read about a debug log, I will (hopefully) be able to find that and attach a link to it.

I am wondering if my naming convention is the problem:

Movie Name.D-124.avi where D-124 means DVD number 124... I have to have that because it is the ONLY way I can see which disk it is on... so has to be part of the path.

Tx
Mark
Don't think so - looking at your naming convention in comaprison to some scene releases - yours is actually quite sterile.

When you set the content did you remember and not check 'Use folder names for lookup'. Also while most of your films appear to be mainstream, it may well be that information is not held for them - dependant on which scraper you are using. In your case I would probably use imdb - much better coverage.
Hi steelman, thanks for the reply,

Here is the debug log for my one computer which returns only 19 / 988 films...

http://www.videoblurb.com/videos/mark.pa...g.xbmc.rar

I have tried IMDB on my other computer, but still am WAY off the mark, so hopefully the debug will show something (though I have tried on 4 different PC's)

TX
Mark.
edit - steelman, i did uncheck folder names for lookup...
Hello guys? Anyone got any ideas why I am getting such poor results from my fake avi file folder scanning?

Tx
Mark.
Mark had a quick play today and looks like your screwed. The file names are the issue. It can be achieved, but not without manually amending each indivudal movie from the gui. It will then search for the correct name, present it and in file mode retain the unique file name.

With 800+ movies I would say this is impractical, but its your life. Sorry but I don't think there is a way to achieve this automatically with the file names the way they are, though I'll happily stand corrected.
steelman1991 Wrote:Mark had a quick play today and looks like your screwed. The file names are the issue. It can be achieved, but not without manually amending each indivudal movie from the gui. It will then search for the correct name, present it and in file mode retain the unique file name.

With 800+ movies I would say this is impractical, but its your life. Sorry but I don't think there is a way to achieve this automatically with the file names the way they are, though I'll happily stand corrected.

Hi there steelman, thanks for the response...

I had thought my file names would be pretty easy for xbmc to understand... how would I need to change them?
Would I have to put each avi in a separate folder with the movie's name? (aaauggghhh....!)

What would make xbmc read the movie titles correctly, is there a field delimiter I can use that is understood by xbmc as the end of the title, like a ~ tilde key or something? That would be really good for a new feature if there isnt such a thing.

Thanks again,
Mark.
Hi fredphoesh,

Seems i missed a posting or two...

If you want to keep the extra info in the file names, steelman1991 is most likely right, you'll have to enter each movie name in the GUI manually.

I have had very little luck with special file names.

~NSW
NightStormWolf Wrote:Hi fredphoesh,

Seems i missed a posting or two...

If you want to keep the extra info in the file names, steelman1991 is most likely right, you'll have to enter each movie name in the GUI manually.

I have had very little luck with special file names.

~NSW

Holy crap... hmmm...

I wonder if it wouldnt be faster to find some application which can create 1000 folders by names given in a text file, like

movie1.avi
movie2.avi etc...

Then I could put my dummy movies in those folders, scrape by folder name, and retain the path to my data DVD disks, (D-124 etc...)

It would be great if the scraping could be set to ignore any part of the file name after some character, like the tilde ~

Boy, a bit of a PITA...

Thanks for the help guys
Mark.
Still there Mark?

Have a look at the advancedsettings.xml wiki page (link)... lots of options for scanning changes including one i just noticed.

Code:
<cleanstrings>

Contains regular expressions to clean unwanted chars from filenames or folders.

Default expressions:

<video>
  <cleanstrings>
   <regexp>[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](ac3|dts|custom|dc|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|[url]www.www|cd[/url][1-9]|\[.*\])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|$)</regexp>
   <regexp>(\[.*\])</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>

The "append" and "action" arguments described in the moviestacking section work the same for cleanstrings tags.

You may be able to exclude scanning the D/C-### info which would fix your problems. This wouldn't change the file names, just the info the scrapper gets.
NightStormWolf Wrote:Still there Mark?

Have a look at the advancedsettings.xml wiki page (link)... lots of options for scanning changes including one i just noticed.

You may be able to exclude scanning the D/C-### info which would fix your problems. This wouldn't change the file names, just the info the scrapper gets.

Hey there mate,
Thanks for that, Im partly encouraged, partly daunted by the task of figuring what on earth to write to have the <cleanstrings> expression ignore the .D/C.### bit... Im not a coder of any kind, not even a newbie Wink
So if i remember my regex from when i used PERL, you would need a line added like this...

<regexp>(d|D|c|C)\-[0-9]*</regexp>

Which should match anything starting with D or C then a - and one or more numbers. Don't quote me on that however, it's been awhile.

SOOOOOO....
Code:
<video>
  <cleanstrings>
   <regexp>[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](ac3|dts|custom|dc|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|www.www|cd[1-9]|\[.*\])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|$)</regexp>
   <regexp>(\[.*\])</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>
NightStormWolf Wrote:So if i remember my regex from when i used PERL, you would need a line added like this...

Which should match anything starting with D or C then a - and one or more numbers. Don't quote me on that however, it's been awhile.

Thanks a LOT NightStormWolf...

I guess I should create an advancedsetting file in
C:\Users\mark\AppData\XBMC\userdata
and paste that line of code and save it...?
Yes, you have to manually create it when you want special settings. If that doesn't work let me know.

See post above yours... i added full code. Not sure if you need to include the original lines or not, but you can experiment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot input my entire library :)0