TV Show posters problem
There are some serious issues with season thumbs and posters in dharma beta 2.

1. When I refresh a tv show, (and select no to refresh episodes) tvdb scraper is unable to retrieve any season thumbs although they appear on the tvdb site.

2. When no season thumb is found, it defaults to the wide icon/banner for the tv show rather than the tv shows main poster. And in certain views such as poster wrap or fanart(in transparency), the wide icon gets squished horizontally to fit into the poster frame and looks ridicilously ugly. Perhaps it should be changed to default to a poster/narrow-thumb

http://pastebin.com/LyGYSbmp
I've noticed the problem with not getting the season thumbs too. :/
I have the same problem aswell since i installed xbmc 10.0 beta 2 this morning.

if i refresh a series season it downloads a banner for each season instead of season posters.
Same problem here!
Thank god;-)
I posted a thread in the xbmc on atv forum but got no comment until now. So i thought i was alone having this problem.
Now i am relieved. I have exactly the same. For all my tvshows i had different season thumbs. For a reason i had to refresh one of these shows and all my season thumbs were gone. Instead xbmc used the wide banner. I cannot change the season thumb, because it seems that he can't find any.
So this seams to be a dharma beta2 problem rather than tvdb problem?!
Anybody find a solution?
Having spent an hour or so trying to find the issue it appears to be either a recent change in the xml file sent back by tvdb or an error in the scraper. In simple terms it would seem that the scraper isn't identifying the parts of the xml file that contain details of the season thumbs and thus isn't writing any of those details into the library. It can be fixed but you have to delve around inside the actual tvdb.xml file that makes up the scraper.
Same here... Season thumbs are busted. Been happening since at least this morning. This is also happening on xbmc4xbox, so it is unlikely that this is an xbmc issue, it is an issue with thetvdb.com. Exactly what the problem is I don't know - I'm not familiar enough with that scraper to say.
im having this problem also but all my season thumbs are saved as tbn files in each show folder. when i browse in file mode each folder (season) shows the correct season thumb, but in library every season has the same thumb as the main thumb. Dont think its a tvdb scraper issue as i have all my season thumbs already saved on my server.
Its the same on Beta 1. I think something must have changed on the TVDB site as this was working ok on beta 1 up until yesterday. Now all season thumbs are broken for new additions.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
danz0l Wrote:. Now all season thumbs are broken for new additions.

And if you refresh a tvshow you already had on your library? Season thumbs still working? Because for me it didn't work after refreshing...
Krazeh Wrote:Having spent an hour or so trying to find the issue it appears to be either a recent change in the xml file sent back by tvdb or an error in the scraper. In simple terms it would seem that the scraper isn't identifying the parts of the xml file that contain details of the season thumbs and thus isn't writing any of those details into the library. It can be fixed but you have to delve around inside the actual tvdb.xml file that makes up the scraper.

How can i do that? Where is this xml located?
I tried refreshing those that didn't have season thumbs (just had the wide banner), that i knew had them, and they are just not coming down.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
What i meant was what happens when you refresh those that had season thumbs? Are they gone after refreshing?
yes
-= My Media Centre =-
Me too....
I read that by deleting tvdb.xml you can fix this problem. But i don't know where to find it? By ssh? But where?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show posters problem0