Harddrive for WHS NAS
I would like to extend my Acer Easystore h340 Windows Home Server. I am looking for a 2 TB harddrive.

Is there one you can recommand me?

Performance is not the primary requirement. I prefere noise level, energy efficience, reliability.
I LOVE the WD Green drives for my Unraid server.

poofyhairguy Wrote:I LOVE the WD Green drives for my Unraid server.

Make sure you stick with the EADS drive if you go WD, the EAR's advanced format drives, require a jumper hack or a software hack on WHS(google it for more infromation). I'm running the seagate LP drives, and they work great aswell. You can't go wrong with either one. One note, I went with a faster power hungary drive on my last go around, and this thing generates some serious heat, good drive, but has turned my HP MSS WHS into a toaster. So stick with the LP or green drive, just my recommendation.
a jumper hack? your kidding me only need a jumper on pins 7 and 8 thats hardly a hack. just sucks WD isn't suppling jumps with the hard drives.

-=jason=-
I have 2 of the WD EARS drives in my WHS server and they work well.
I bought jumpers from a local computer store for 10 cents each, plopped them in on pins 7 and 8, and that was it.

It's easier to find a deal on the EARS then its EAD counterpart, and works just as well. Either way though, just get a green friendly, somewhat slow drive.

I am able to have 3+ simultaneous streams on a single drive to xbmc systems across the house with no problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harddrive for WHS NAS0