preferred way to publish scripts?
hi,

i wrote a plugin that works for now (browsing, video playing, but no error handling yet). i would like to add some additional features, e..g a search function, a configuration dialog, ability to download videos to hardisk, (playlist generation?)...
what is the preferred way to publish scripts here? i didn't find any guideline.
should i wait until i will have implemented all features and reached the final version?
or is it ok to upload stable versions if a single new feature is implemented?

i don't use platform-dependent code in this plugin so it _should_ run everywhere.
but i am working on a linux system and can't test my plugin if it _really_ works on windows or xbox.
is there a special place to submit beta-/testing-versions?
Starting with Dharma the official way would be to convert your script into an Addon and add it to the Official Addons Repository. If there are reasons not to include it there you should submit it to one of the Unofficial Addons Repositories.

About adding scripts and addons in general (not official, but I did it like this and nobody complained about it): You could upload your script somewhere (e.g. google code), open a thread here in the forum and ask other users to download and test your script (have a look at all the [RELEASE]-threads here or in the development forum). If there are no known major bugs left after a short testing period submit it to the repo.

Regards,
malte

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
preferred way to publish scripts?0