Composite Color Menu Item
I know how about the ability to set my ATV (3.02 running XBMC) component video output to composite via NitoTV but here's what I want to do for reasons that I won't explain:

Without adding NitoTV, add a Menu item (don't care where; ATV root, Software Menu PlugIns, etc.) that allows me to turn on Composite Color Output (on Component green) with a minimum of keystrokes to choose between HDMI 720p and Composite 480i as I need it. If I could lock component to composite output that would be OK if HDMI still output 720p but I don't think this is possible.

I've read many wiki's about the subject but none seem to suit my needs and I don't know Terminal well enough to know if I'm doing something that may screw up my ATV.

Any help is much appreciated.
davige Wrote:I know how about the ability to set my ATV (3.02 running XBMC) component video output to composite via NitoTV but here's what I want to do for reasons that I won't explain:

Without adding NitoTV, add a Menu item (don't care where; ATV root, Software Menu PlugIns, etc.) that allows me to turn on Composite Color Output (on Component green) with a minimum of keystrokes to choose between HDMI 720p and Composite 480i as I need it. If I could lock component to composite output that would be OK if HDMI still output 720p but I don't think this is possible.

I've read many wiki's about the subject but none seem to suit my needs and I don't know Terminal well enough to know if I'm doing something that may screw up my ATV.

Any help is much appreciated.

You are asking for a custom atv plugin that controls display output. I don't think anyone is interested in doing this with the amount of work that would be needed. Best start learning terminal commands Smile
OK. Is there any way that I can load just the Composite.kxt utility plug in that is part of NitoTV?
davige Wrote:OK. Is there any way that I can load just the Composite.kxt utility plug in that is part of NitoTV?

loading a kext at boot requires three things, turbos kext load enabler, the kext itself and a script to load it. most (including NitoTV) add the loading bits into rc.local.

EDIT: you might take a peek at http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Composite
"Alternatively using a StartupItem" is the proper OSX method.
Thanks, Davilla. I appreciate the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composite Color Menu Item0