Modifying the Home screen
Hi there;

I was trying to modify the Home screen a little bit to fit my needs and I have two questions for the time being.
  1. How can I change the the pictures in the film-strip? I don't see pictures are included in the skin as a normal .jpg or .png file.
  2. Is there a way to display a brief weather information (only Temp. and an icon) on the home screen beside the Date/time field?
Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance though. Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q150 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
1. Those images are packed up in the media folder Textures.xbt file. To change them you would need to download the svn, switch the images then rebuild the textures file.

In order to do that - you would need to extract this into the downloaded SVN folder.

2. You would need to mod that into the skin - something like this inserted in the home.xml:

Code:
<control type="group">

<animation effect="fade" time="200" start="100" end="0">WindowClose</animation>

<control type="image">
<description>Weather image</description>
<posx>20</posx>
<posy>640</posy>
<width>40</width>
<height>40</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>$INFO[Weather.Conditions]</texture>
</control>

<control type="label">
<description>time label</description>
<posx>60</posx>
<posy>640</posy>
<width>200</width>
<height>40</height>
<align>left</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<font>fontKB</font>
<textcolor>white</textcolor>
<shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
<label>[b]$INFO[Weather.Temperature][/b]</label>
</control>

</control>
Thanks a lot Sharpe, really appreciate it. I'll give it a try tonight and report here back how did it go. Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q150 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
Sharpe Wrote:2. You would need to mod that into the skin - something like this inserted in the home.xml:
That worked pretty good actually. Thanks for your help. This is what I came up so far, after a bit or try & error.....

I'm learning. How can I add a Media eject button to the Home screen? Cheers!!
Sharpe Wrote:In order to do that - you would need to extract this into the downloaded SVN folder.
I think, I'm stuck here again. Downloaded the linked file and found there is a directory inside, called "media" [again] with a hand full of .dll files. What to do with all those .dlls? Do I really need a windows PC to do that? No
Never thought I'd ever need a windows PC for doing something, at least for XBMC Huh Is there any Linux or OS X way of doing that? Cheers!!!
You could always just copy over the files unpacked into the media folder from the SVN - that would work.

I am sure that there are ways to use TexturePacker under a different OS - it's just that I use a windows machine for all the skinning stuff so I don't know what they are.

Nice work btw.

There already is a media eject button - it's visible when it's focussed and sits alongside some other buttons - accessible by pressing down. To make it permanently visible just remove the <visible> line

This is the code:

Code:
<control>
    <description>Eject Disc Button</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>158</id>
    <posx>902.70</posx>
    <posy>620</posy>
    <width>70.08</width>
    <height>62.5</height>
    <onclick>XBMC.EjectTray()</onclick>
    <texturefocus>home-tray-focus.png</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus>home-tray.png</texturenofocus>
    <onleft>162</onleft>
    <onright>157</onright>
    <onup>11</onup>
    <ondown>11</ondown>
    <include>home-global-button</include>
    <visible>Control.HasFocus(158) | ControlGroup(10).HasFocus()</visible>
</control>
Hi Sharpe,
Another question: How can I directly go back to the Home screen regardless of the current position? Is it possible other than going previous screen < previous screen < previous screen like that? cheers!!
MacUsers Wrote:Hi Sharpe,
Another question: How can I directly go back to the Home screen regardless of the current position? Is it possible other than going previous screen < previous screen < previous screen like that? cheers!!

[esc] always goes to Home

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:[esc] always goes to Home
That works but not always, e.g. in the Settings, Esc takes you back to the previous screen.

BTW, do you know how to map Esc to remote control key? Cheers!!
Search keymap or keymap.xml in the wiki for a more detailed instructions:

<whateverbutton>ActivateWindow(Home)</whateverbutton>

I believe would work...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:<whateverbutton>ActivateWindow(Home)</whateverbutton>
thanks mcborzu, that absolutely worked. Later looking in my remote.xml, I found I already mentioned it in there but in the wrong place (and also completely forgot about it), so it wasn't working. thanks for your help. Cheers!!
What code would I need to alter to remove the eject disc and favourites buttons from the main menu? Also what would I need to do to remove the favourites and suspend buttons from the shutdown menu?
Hello Mike - to remove the buttons from the home screen you would need to edit the Home.xml in the 720p folder. To remove the favourites and suspend buttons from the shutdown menu you would need to edit the DialogButtonMenu.xml in the PAL19x9 folder.
Sorry to sound stupid but I'm new to editing xml files.

What code specifically do I need to change or remove?

Thanks

Mike
Ok the Home one is fairly easy - edit the Home.xml file in the 720p folder.

Find line 1367, where the button controls are, and remove the controls for the two buttons you want lose. They're labelled so you should find them easy enough.

The other one is a bit of a pain and is part of the skin I'm going to redo soon - to be honest it's probably best to wait until I've done that and made the XML a bit more sane and simple - it's a bit of mess at the moment and it wouldn't be very easy to direct you to make changes as it is now. If you can hang on a bit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modifying the Home screen0