your takes on the Dell Zino HD 410?
::edit:: - didn't notice the hardware section - MODS, please feel free to move this (sorry!)

I currently have a Popcorn Hour A200. After installing Dharma2 on my desktop and playing around with it, and I want to replace my PCH with a HTPC. I use to build PC's all the time, but now that I don't have the time (and more specifically, patience), I'd prefer to buy a pre-made one.

I'm interested in the new Dell Zino HD 410. I don't know much about Linux (and from what I'm reading, ATI isn't good under Linux), so I'd prefer to use Windows 7 anyways.

Would this be an OK setup for running 1080p MKVs?
I'm choosing the $349.99 setup, and configuring it this way:

AMD Athlon™ II X2 P340 Dual Core Processor, 2.2GHz, 1MB
4GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM3 at 1333MHz- 2 DIMMs
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Integrated Graphics

Will those be fine to use the AEON skin with XBMC in Windows 7 and run 1080p MKV rips? It seems to run fine on my Lenovo laptop (2.26ghz C2D with 3GB of ram, Intel HD gfx), so I'm assuming it should run fine here too, right?

I really want to replace my PCH with a HTPC because the interface is so much better, and I prefer to use SABNZBD for usenet downloads because the interface is better and I use MyNZB on my iPhone. The XBMC remote app is awesome as well.

So if this setup will work, I'm sold!! Smile The only thing I need to figure out then is how to automatically update my Movie/TV Library when I add a show. My girlfriend will be at home, and when I'm at work, I'll download TV shows remotely to my PCH, and as soon as they're done downloading, she'll watch them. I don't want her closing XBMC and restarting it just to update the TV Shows library.

Any help is appreciated. I'm waiting on buying this setup until I can confirm that it should run XBMC fine under Windows 7.
Also - a noob HTPC question - it should have an IR sensor built in already. If I choose to buy a different remote than what Dell offers, it should work right? I'll probably find some Windows Media Center remote off Newegg or something, and then use that.
tocheeba Wrote:If I choose to buy a different remote than what Dell offers, it should work right?

Maybe.

The only thing approaching a standard in the world of MCE remotes is the Microsoft remote, otherwise known as RC6. If the Dell remote is an RC6 then any RC6 handset should work. If it is an RC6 remote and you're using Windows you will need a minor tweak to get the remote working. Post here if/when you go ahead with the Dell.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
your takes on the Dell Zino HD 410?0