MOTO droid + xbmc
Exclamation 
well i was on youtube earlier and i found this cool video showing the nexus one running ubuntu, well after further searching i found that the MOTO droid is capable of running ubuntu also with a special 'loopback' kernel. I know that xbmclive is installed with a minimal ubuntu distro. so it is quite possible to get this running on the droid. However i am a windows vetran and mac vetran and linux is just waaay over my head...so i wouldnt even be able to know where to begin. im just seeing if anyone out there would be able to figure this out...it seems possible and i am willing to try it on my phone if someone could just come up with a guide on how to do this :/

ps i also found this thread on xda-developers if its of any help to anybody
ubuntu runs very, very slow on these phones and without any hardware acceleration to speak of. as XBMC needs at least opengl hw acceleration, this won't work. as long as there's no native ARM port for android, it just makes no sense no matter how hard you want this to happen.
connect an XBMC box to your home theater, install the official XBMC remote on the milestone, and enjoy at least some of the awesomeness of XBMC on your android phone Wink
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
yes better that was, what the goal of xbmc on this kind of material?
i was just thinkin it would be great to have xbmc installed on a portable device. maybe the archos 5 tablet?

oh and believe me that i already had the remote installed on my droid/milestone, i've been a fan of xbmc since the good ole xbox days. and by saying it is the best mc out there, is the understatement of the century
there's definitely some efforts going on to have an ARM XBMC port ready when all these tablets are going into mainstream but I'd say the biggest chances are to get XBMC ported onto the boxee box and the google TV logitech settop box as these are now based on the intel ce4100 x86 chipset. a native android app is still miles away, but that's only my best guess.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MOTO droid + xbmc0