Harmony remote Cyberlink & HP RC6 IR Receivers help
Hi,

Sorry to create my own thread when there is faq & guides available. (i think i have read most of it)

Problem is , i have been trying to get this working for about 2-3 months now, and i just cannot work it out.

I want to control both Windows 7 MCE & XBMC Dharma beta 2 with the same remote (both have features i really like)

I have this setup
1 Harmony 600 Remote
1 Cyberlink IR Receiver http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cyberlink-Media-...B000ZRG7LY
1 HP IR Receiver http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HP-USB-IR-Receiver...4cf1882b53

I used the cyberlink one in win mce without problems for years, however i could not get it working in xbmc fully.

So i bought the hp ir receiver thinking as this one was on the list of working remotes in xbmc it would work better.

To try and cut the story shorter (sorry for rambling on) :

1 The Cyberlink IR works with my harmony 100% in win mce
2 The Cyberlink remote works 99% in xbmc , one small but very annoying feature does not work, i can bring up the OSD by pressing OK, but there is not way of closing the osd with the cyberlink remote.
3 the HP IR works 100% in xbmc
4 The HP IR works really badly in win mce (extremely slow response, have to press buttons 4-5 times, skip/skip back rewind fastforward does not work etc)

I would love to get the cyberlink ir receiver work in xbmc, to be able to close the osd whilst playing a video.

My Cyberlink IR remote back/exit button shows this key code when i use showkey.exe :

<key id="61606">Notification(Key, key id="61606", 3)</key>

Can you guys help?

Br
PG
Re the Cyberlink: 61606 is hex F0A6, and this is VK_BROWSER_BACK. You might find the key is generating an APPCOMMAND message. Turn debug logging on (System Settings, System, Debugging, Enable debug logging) and press the back button on the Cyberlink a couple of times. Then open %appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log and see if it contains the line:

DEBUG: WinEventsWin32.cpp: APPCOMMAND 1

If it is generating an APPCOMMAND message there isn't much you can do about it, though you can choose another button on the remote and use that to close the OSD. Post here if you want to know how to do that.

Re the HP remote: this is MS compatible I think. If you use my plugin from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ this will configure the HP remote to send the MCE keyboard shortcuts, which will work in XBMC Dharma and should still work fine in Windows Media Center.

JR
Thanks for the reply jhsrennie.

I will turn debugging on tonight and paste the log.

If i understand it correctly, i should be able to assign for example the "0" numeric button to close the osd?

I.e should this custom keyboard.xml file saved in c:\users\myprofile\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata\keymaps work?

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
<VideoOSD>
<keyboard>
<0>Close</0>
</keyboard>
</VideoOSD>
</keymap>

Br
PG
Almost :-)

You want:

Code:
<keymap>
  <MusicOSD>
    <keyboard>
      <zero>Close</zero>
    </keyboard>
  </MusicOSD>
  <VideoOSD>
    <keyboard>
      <zero>Close</zero>
    </keyboard>
  </VideoOSD>
</keymap>

The tag for zero is <zero> not <0>. Also you don't need to include the <global> section if there are no keydefs in it. Oh yes, and you probably want it to work for the music OSD too.

JR
Hmmm sounds like a tricky problem & i don't know if i can help in any way. But i fixed all my remote problems with one simple solution... this remote key mapping software...
http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/article.asp
I couldn't get the bluray popup menu to work in PowerDVD with my remote.... & also when playing AVIs in XBMC only the OK & directional buttons worked as controls to play, pause, skim etc, but not the play, pause, rew, ffwrd buttons. I just remapped everything for each application. This software allows you to create separate profiles for each application you are using it in & there are several remotes to chose from. I know it seems a little crude & not the best solution, but it did the trick for me. I don't know if this relates to your problem or if is any help, but hey worth a shot.

Edit: the reason i suggested this is because obviously changing the function of a button to do something in one app may cause it to not do what it's supposed to in another. But like i said, with the software you can create separate profiles for each app & map it accordingly for each separate app you use the remote in... & that way not affecting how it will function in another app.
BTW the software is totally free to download, no catch
Dave431978 many thanks for your suggestion, i will probably give it a try as well and see what works best for me Smile

jhsrennie Smile ok perhaps i was a bit optimistic with only setting "Zero" on that single OSD menu, if i for example play a video and press ok, i can now close that menu by pressing 0 WOHO Smile , hehe but if i select the sound option from the OSD menu, i get another osd menu on the screen, and now that one wont close hehe, so i will be adding more to my custom keyboard.xml file Smile

But here is an extract from my debug log using my standard exit/back button :

"DEBUG: WinEventsWin32.cpp: APPCOMMAND 1"

So i am scr... assigning that button to close the osd? , one can't use something like :

<key id="61606">Close(Key, key id="61606", 3)</key>

In the keyboard.xml file?

Br
PG
mrpg Wrote:Dave431978 many thanks for your suggestion, i will probably give it a try as well and see what works best for me Smile

jhsrennie Smile ok perhaps i was a bit optimistic with only setting "Zero" on that single OSD menu, if i for example play a video and press ok, i can now close that menu by pressing 0 WOHO Smile , hehe but if i select the sound option from the OSD menu, i get another osd menu on the screen, and now that one wont close hehe, so i will be adding more to my custom keyboard.xml file Smile

But here is an extract from my debug log using my standard exit/back button :

"DEBUG: WinEventsWin32.cpp: APPCOMMAND 1"

So i am scr... assigning that button to close the osd? , one can't use something like :

<key id="61606">Close(Key, key id="61606", 3)</key>

In the keyboard.xml file?

Br
PG

Yes, what's happening is that the back button on your remote is sending a simulated keypress from the Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard. Windows is trapping this keypress and converting it into an internal Windows message called an APPCOMMAND. XBMC does process these commands, which is why the Back button works in most cases, but the APPCOMMAND handling is a bit primitive and, for example, doesn't close sub-screens like the OSD.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony remote Cyberlink & HP RC6 IR Receivers help0