custom menus faq
SlickRed Wrote:Hi,

the information here was exactly what I needed, so thanks for that.

I had a suggestion for the author. Before coming across this thread I was looking for a way to display only UFC Fights in library mode.
The UFC Fights exist in my movie database, and I can browse to them easily.

But what I wanted was a custom menu item which allowed me to view only my UFC fights in library mode, not file mode.

I thought a neat solution to this would be an option to make a custom menu item which displays not a specific folder, but the entire movie/tv library filtered by a specific criteia.

So for example in this case I would make sure that all my UFC events were tagged with a "UFC" genre, and then create a custom menu item which displays the entire movie collection filtered by genre for items tagged UFC.

I have no experience in scripting skins so I have little idea how difficult, possible or useful this would be, but I though I'd through in my 2 bits.

Thanks for the skin man, it's awesome,

SlickRed

good suggestion, i also found what i can make my 5th favourite on my home menu lol.

i know have, youtube, NFL, POKER, F1, and will add UFC Smile
I scraped my UFC files from TMDB and they include fighters as as actors. So you can filter all your fights for a specific fighter.

Gotta love XBMC Smile
SlickRed Wrote:I scraped my UFC files from TMDB and they include fighters as as actors. So you can filter all your fights for a specific fighter.

Gotta love XBMC Smile

yeah only drama with this though is they would show up in the normal movies library right?

my missus would chuck the shits if they did lol especially with like 190 of the things.
Pardon me being a noob but I'm using the Confluence theme and I'm making my own custom one from there (or trying too)

I added a folder with videos as Favorite but not sure where to add it to the home screen like you guys mentioned. I thought it would be in Add-On Shortcuts but when I try to add one it's asking me to load a script so I don't believe that's the right place.
Hello silversnake84.
You can not with the skin Confluence.
You can with Carmichael, Night, Influence, Transparency, and others.
john.doe Wrote:Hello silversnake84.
You can not with the skin Confluence.
You can with Carmichael, Night, Influence, Transparency, and others.

Thanks a lot bud for the info Smile Appreciate it.
frieten Wrote:no worries, heres some screenies to show what i've managed so far.

i've just added my NFL directory as a favourite and then added that thru the custom home menu item on the skin options. ( i have a heap of nfl wallpapers i put in a directory so it changes all the time)

i've then created a folder.jpg for the folders when you navigate into it thru poster mode (week 1, week 2, week 3 etc) you just put the folder.jpg in the directory you want it to be for (so put it in the week 1 folder and it will become the image for that folder.

i plan on having fanart here at some point once mcborzu explains his fanart trick for me Smile

im not sure if i want poster view for the next directories (full games, replays, shortcuts) i sorta like them in file view but will probally make up some folder images as well.

and finally when you get to the videos i just have it in file view at the moment but im hoping mcborzu will work on getting a 16x9 view into this for us so i will be using that for the videos themself. also probally going to have to work on renaming my files lol.

Can you explain to us how to get Youtube in the home menu?
Thanks!
1 - Go to "Submenu" of "Video"
2 - Go to "Addons"
3 - Press C in "Youtube Addon"
4 - Select "Add to Favourites"
5 - Go to "Skin Settings"
6 - In "Costume Home" create Custome Favourite of Youtube

Enjoy
Couldn't be easier Smile
Thanks.
been a while since i've had any issues with this, was working fine for ages until i had to change directories for some of my favourites.

now im having an issue i would love some help with.

i moved my NFL folder to a new drive, so i removed the old one from favourites and then added the new source for the NFL folder, and added that to favourites.

now i redirected the custom menu to that favourite but for some reason it wont load up anymore.

one thing i've noticed that is odd is that it now has this next to the favourite output:

ActivateWindow(10024,D:\NFL",Return)

whereas any of the ones that working are the same process but dont have the ",Return) bit at the end.

is there anyway i can get rid of that return bit as im sure thats whats causing the problem.

any help would be greatly appreciated, even a way to just wipe the custom menu clean so i can start over.
As far as I'm aware the "Return" is right and all should have it, all of mine have it and they work fine.

Anyway, if you want to experiment , change the return, delete some value or whatever...

Go to...

Code:
X:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

Open file "guisettings.xml" and there you have all the settings for XBMC and the skin.

Look for

Code:
skin.night.moviescustom

and you are in the path to victory Big Grin

Only change values with XBMC closed.
i ended up fixing it by opening the favourites.xml and it had some wierd %% in it that i deleted and that got it working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
custom menus faq0