how to publish my xbmc library on the net ?
if i want to show my friends what movies i got ... in that case how do i do it ?

any way to generate a list of movies ?
Not with XBMC but if you build your library with Ember Media Manager there's is a plugin which creates a html list
what are you using as your platform windows, linux, xbmc-live?

you would use the web interface to show off your movies, music, and tv shows.

I can navigate to http://www.myDynDns.name.net:8080 and I get the xbmc web gui
of course you need to port forward and set your router up to talk to DynDns to keep your IP up to date.

-=Jason=-
Hmmmm hadn't checked out the web interface in a while very nice not sure I'd want others to have access though Shocked
>>X<<' Wrote:Hmmmm hadn't checked out the web interface in a while very nice not sure I'd want others to have access though Shocked

yeah I see what you mean, but it requires a password to log in, and xbmc.homeip.net isn't my DynDns name just used for sample purposes

-=Jason=-
how do you get that ? i have enabled 8080 and and setup password to work with my android phone, and i can see the movie list on the phone.. but on the web i only see "file manager".

i use windows 7
xbmc 9.11

in services i have ticked all the options. and as i mentioned it works fine on my android.
the new web interface is only in dharma
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

We strongly recommend that you DON'T open the webinterface up to the world. While it is password protected, that in itself isn't necessarily all the secure. If someone were to get your password there's a myriad of fun stuff that they could do (due to the old HTTPAPI being still in existence) both to your local machine and to other machines on your network.

Make sure you think it through carefully (eg pipe it over ssh or some such) rather than just opening it up directly.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I had this in mind a while actually. You can write a quick script to do it in Linux. When I'm home check my other computer and see if I still have it.
So here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cm1992blxsex1xl

It's kind of ghetto, I did it my first year in Computer Science just learning Java. it works though. Just run it from the command line (the directoryreader.java file). Hope that works for ya
thx alot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to publish my xbmc library on the net ?0