Remote Questions: GP-IR02BK
I have searched the forums and found plenty of information on remotes, but have had some trouble finding the exact info I am looking for so I have started this thread. Sorry if the information is out there, just couldn't find it.

I have the GP-IR02BK that I bought off Amazon for about 20 bucks. Seems like a good MCE remote.

Running a Windows 7 x64 HTPC. Works with WMC7 and XBMC right out of the box (for the most part). Here is the problem, I would like to use both programs: WMC7 for LiveTV/Recording and XBMC for everything else. Is there anyway that I can do this because I have looked into the registry edits and I feel like I could do that, but it would make the remote useless for WMC.

Should I take this approach or try to scrap WMC all together? Some people despise WMC, but I don't really have a problem with it... just as long as I have XBMC running for everything else. In an ideal world, XBMC would support tv tuners/recording-timeshifting and I could do away with WMC all together. We'll see...

In XBMC, I have just a few hangs about the remote, I need a button for the context menu. Would like to program the music/pictures/videos buttons on top. Also, I would like to program the colored buttons along the bottom.
Grab my plugin from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and use it to configure the remote to send the MCE keyboard shorcuts. It should then work equally well in XBMC and WMC.

JR
If this works, it will be miraculous! Question... Which versions of XBMC will this work with? Do I need to get Dharma or can I run it on Camelot? I am planning on getting dharma, just waiting till it officially releases.
jhsrennie Wrote:Grab my plugin from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and use it to configure the remote to send the MCE keyboard shorcuts. It should then work equally well in XBMC and WMC.

JR

I tried installing it from zip in dharma, but it never actually installed. Is there something else I need to do with it?
From the home page choose the Programs link and there should now be an entry called MCERemote. Select that, then choose "Configure MCE keyboard shortcuts".

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:From the home page choose the Programs link and there should now be an entry called MCERemote. Select that, then choose "Configure MCE keyboard shortcuts".

JR

That's the thing... it never shows up there. I go to settings - add-ons - install from zip file, and nothing happens. I check every category of enabled add-ons and it's not there. I'm using beta 2 if that helps any.
I have the same remote. Got it yesterday. I installed his plugin, and I see it installed, but when I click CONFIGURE, nothing shows up. Dharma Beta 2 here.
jodeman Wrote:That's the thing... it never shows up there. I go to settings - add-ons - install from zip file, and nothing happens. I check every category of enabled add-ons and it's not there. I'm using beta 2 if that helps any.

Weird! I have Dharma beta 2 installed and I've just downloaded my addon and installed it from the zip to check it installs OK (which it did).

For now just unzip the archive to some convenient directory and run MSRemote.reg, which is in the resources\data subdirectory, to update your registry. This is basically all the addon does anyway. After you restart Windows the remote will now send the WMC shortcuts. Run MSDefault.reg if you want to restore the default config.

If you can turn on debug logging then attempt to install the plugin I would be very interested to see the debug log if you can pop it on pastebin.com. This should tell me why the addon failed to install.

JR
tocheeba Wrote:I have the same remote. Got it yesterday. I installed his plugin, and I see it installed, but when I click CONFIGURE, nothing shows up. Dharma Beta 2 here.

Configure? What exactly are you doing? Once you've installed the addon it will appear as MCERemote in the Home page Programs section. Go into Programs and then select MCERemote.

JR
ok thanks I'll try this when I get home. I shouldn't have to run Eventghost with this, right? Should automatically work out of the box? I installed Eventghost and it's been giving me issues. And when I close out of Eventghost, and just try using the remote as is, XBMC won't recognize any input.
tocheeba Wrote:ok thanks I'll try this when I get home. I shouldn't have to run Eventghost with this, right? Should automatically work out of the box? I installed Eventghost and it's been giving me issues. And when I close out of Eventghost, and just try using the remote as is, XBMC won't recognize any input.

As long as you're using Dharma you won't need Eventghost. Note that Eventghost has a "disable HID device" option, and you need to untick this or it will stop the remote emulating a keyboard.

JR
I got it to work. However, none of the buttons work other than arrow keys, ff, rw, back.

keys that don't work: INFO, ZOOM (tab?), context, any of the color buttons, etc. So basic navigation works, but nothing else....
tocheeba Wrote:I got it to work. However, none of the buttons work other than arrow keys, ff, rw, back.

keys that don't work: INFO, ZOOM (tab?), context, any of the color buttons, etc. So basic navigation works, but nothing else....

In Dharma beta 2 the standard keyboard.xml only contains mappings for the basic functions. The next beta of Dharma contains mappings for all MCE shortcuts. If you want to try them now grab keyboard.xml from http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/Dh...yboard.xml (scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "original format" link to download the .xml file). Save it over the top of the keyboard.xml in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps.

To make the coloured buttons do something use the "Edit keyboard.xml" function in my plugin. By default the coloured buttons will just display a little message, but you can replace the "Notification" action with whataver action you want.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Questions: GP-IR02BK0