• 7(current)
[MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version
Nice version, everything looks fine. There is now just the fanart in the now playing view that is missing.

seijmo Wrote:Edit : I just notice now playing doesn't display fanart :

http://img707.imageshack.us/i/sanstitrejub.jpg

Great skin!

Love the cleararts
Version 4.3 is reaching the perfection, but there is still the notification window size issue, here is an example:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_lYSvGaBCYdI/TOK391...M/xbmc.png

You can reproduce the problem easily with this command:

xbmc-send --action "Notification(testing, testing12asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf)"

The command is in this package: xbmc-eventclients-xbmc-send (if you are using linux)
Hirs Wrote:Version 4.3 is reaching the perfection, but there is still the notification window size issue, here is an example:

The command is in this package: xbmc-eventclients-xbmc-send (if you are using linux)

The problem is trying to find the dialog.
seijmo Wrote:Nice version, everything looks fine. There is now just the fanart in the now playing view that is missing.

Great skin!

Love the cleararts

FIXED - I have added an option when you are in a music list. Option is to show fanart when music playing.
Hirs Wrote:Version 4.3 is reaching the perfection, but there is still the notification window size issue, here is an example:

Could you try this for me and see if it makes the box wider:

open the file includes_Dialogs.xml

and change this code:

Code:
<control type="image">
   <width>230</width>
   <height>70</height>
   <texture border="0">dialog-background4.png</texture>
</control>

to

Code:
<control type="image">
   <width>400</width>
   <height>70</height>
</control>
Qualar,

Don't you think it is about time you let us update via svn or git? Kind of boring to download the whole thing for each version?
toby77jo Wrote:Qualar,

Don't you think it is about time you let us update via svn or git? Kind of boring to download the whole thing for each version?

Thanks for the motivational comment.
Is anyone else having issues with this skin being VERY slow compared to earlier versions? Even the latest version I modded myself to work with Dharma, obviously missing things like addons, was a hell of a lot faster than this one.
CharredChar Wrote:Is anyone else having issues with this skin being VERY slow compared to earlier versions? Even the latest version I modded myself to work with Dharma, obviously missing things like addons, was a hell of a lot faster than this one.

I would imagine you are using a low powered machine such as a Revo. If so this skin may not be for you. This has lots of viewtypes and features so will use more resources than the original Rapier.

Also could you state what parts are slow for you (loading, animations, general usage)

However, it can be optimised for your setup by removing features and reducing the resolution of images. If you would like to volunteer to do this and optimise the code let me know.
qualar Wrote:Could you try this for me and see if it makes the box wider:

open the file includes_Dialogs.xml

and change this code:

Code:
<control type="image">
   <width>230</width>
   <height>70</height>
</control>

to

Code:
<control type="image">
   <width>400</width>
   <height>70</height>
</control>

Great!, notifications has now the correct width, thank you!
qualar Wrote:I would imagine you are using a low powered machine such as a Revo. If so this skin may not be for you. This has lots of viewtypes and features so will use more resources than the original Rapier.

Also could you state what parts are slow for you (loading, animations, general usage)

However, it can be optimised for your setup by removing features and reducing the resolution of images. If you would like to volunteer to do this and optimise the code let me know.

I am running it on an old Revo and its working fine.
Not at all as slow as Aeon and the others.

That's one of the reasons I always liked Rapier.
Maybe this is a dumb/stupid question, but where can I see which version of the skin is installed and enabled?

Edit:
Second question, how do I refresh the clearart? I've made one which I didn't like on the tv, so I adjusted it and wanted to replace the previous one, but it is now stored somewhere in the database from xbmc. How do I refresh this info?
qualar Wrote:Not sure if people want this but i have been coding it today.

Wallview for Albums and Artists.

I this already in version 4.3? I installed it, but I can't seem to find it. This was my prefered view before I upgraded to Dharma, so I'd be very grateful to have this working again.

I've been trying to mess with the custom_ViewModes.xml and ViewsMusic.xml files to add it myself, but to no avail.

Nice work on the skin though, everything seems great Big Grin
perrin666 Wrote:I this already in version 4.3? I installed it, but I can't seem to find it. This was my prefered view before I upgraded to Dharma, so I'd be very grateful to have this working again.

I've been trying to mess with the custom_ViewModes.xml and ViewsMusic.xml files to add it myself, but to no avail.

Nice work on the skin though, everything seems great Big Grin

I actually did code it but decided to remove it because most peoples collections are full of albums that don't have album art.
qualar Wrote:I would imagine you are using a low powered machine such as a Revo. If so this skin may not be for you. This has lots of viewtypes and features so will use more resources than the original Rapier.

Im using a Zotec Ion board. As stated before the version before ran smoothly and only time it gave me loading issues was when I had the weather on every screen and it was updating constantly.

With this version, it seems no matter what action I do I have to wait atleast 10 seconds for anything to happen. And this is Everything except scrolling. If I click a menu, go back, select a video, you name it, it got to the point of being unusable. And this was with all my settings and views just like it was before.

Ive since went back to the default skin (though I honestly hate it compared to Rapier) and I have no lag issues what so ever, everything is instant, like the previous versions of Rapier.

Im not trying to sound like a prick when I say this, but this is horrible. You should not modify a "simple skin" with so much junk that you dont even see to where it cant be run on simple hardware. If I can play 1080p video I shouldnt be having such issues. The whole point of such a skin over something like the default is because it is so simple and elegant, but now it feels like a pig just because it takes so long to do any action. Even if you added more views and items, if all of my settings were the same as before than it should act the same as before or better. If not, something is seriously wrong and Im really disappointed if I cant use such a lovely skin anymore because of it.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version4