First 10 seconds of video - choppy, skipping, problems + Remote question.
1. Dharma Beta 2
2. Windows 7 32bit
3. Zotac ZBOX ID11 (ION2)
4. 2GB of RAM
5. Latest NVIDIA drivers
6. 320GB SATA internal HDD
7. I'm new to XBMC - where do I get the full debug log from?

Here is my problem - I'm running the ION Zbox ID11 with 2GB of RAM. 320GB SATA hard drive. Things are rather slow. Not anywhere near as "snappy" as my other desktops, but that's to be expected on an ATOM machine I'd assume. However, when loading a movie/tv show (usually MKV), it takes like 5 seconds for the picture to come in, and then you usually see about 1 second of picture, and then the screen goes black for 2 seconds (while still hearing sound). Then the picture comes back. So basically, the first 10 seconds of playing, the screen comes on, goes black, then comes back on. It's also extremely jittery and "skips" or seems like it's in "fast forward" (video), most likely to catch up to the audio. This happens on almost every file.

DXVA is enabled. I'm not sure what's wrong with this. Is it the SATA drive? I've tried a SSD and I don't see much improvement.

Other people on this board talk about how their setup flies with the same machine - but it's running rather crappy in my opinion. Only things I have running in the background are SABNZBD, Eventghost, and BulletProof FTP server

Also - a different question - I just bought a GP-IR02BK Windows Media Center remote. I plugged it into my laptop (faster than my ION box) to test out, and it was super quick & responsive. When I plugged it into my XBMC box (ION), it still works, but it's not as "fast". If I hit down arrow or up/left/right really fast, it doesn't keep up with me. Is this a limitation of the CPU? I'm using eventghost with it emulating keystrokes.
tocheeba Wrote:7. I'm new to XBMC - where do I get the full debug log from?

First enable debug logging by going into system settings, system, debugging, enable debug logging. As soon as you tick this option XBMC switches into debug logging. You'll see some debug info at the top of the screen to remind you that you have debug logging on.

The log is created in %appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log. To view this quickly press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type in "%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log" (without the quotes) then click OK.

JR
Thanks Smile I'll see if I can get a log for people to look at. It shouldn't run like this, so I'm getting frustrated!
Do you change the refresh rate to the movie?
I get a little black screen when it changes from 60hz to 24, still hear sound and so forth.
So what I'm experiencing is normal then? I haven't checked refresh rates on any of my media to be honest - they're mostly x265 720p TV rips. I think I have mine to set to change automatically?
tocheeba Wrote:So what I'm experiencing is normal then? I haven't checked refresh rates on any of my media to be honest - they're mostly x265 720p TV rips. I think I have mine to set to change automatically?

Well the first five when its black is probobly because the atom is a bit slower (i got a E8400 and it starts right away).
But the latter when it goes dark again with sound is because the tv changes refreshrates and then sync sound to video.
Would there be any way to have it "buffer" the video a bit before starting, so that this doesn't happen?
tocheeba Wrote:Would there be any way to have it "buffer" the video a bit before starting, so that this doesn't happen?

Well no, its a tv/videocard thing, has nothing to do with xbmc.
Thanks. For some reason though, I can't for the life of me figure out why no one else has brought this up. I've searched the forums - nothing. With all those ION users out there claiming praise about playback, I can't figure out why they wouldn't mention it?
Its not restricted to ION users, but anyone who uses the auto adjust refresh rate feature - there are a few threads around (this one for example http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81063). Also changing from native rate to 23.976 gives a double HDMI handshake (for 24 and 23.976) until xbmc setlles on the correct one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First 10 seconds of video - choppy, skipping, problems + Remote question.0