delay entering submenus on revo.
I really like the aeon skins but regardless which mod I install I get a delay of between 4-8 seconds when entering sub menus like movies or tv shows. Anyway to speed up.

Also is there a way to add a viewtype form a different skin?
Same here. Main menu's have a delay of up to 5 seconds or so before the display eg when selecting "Movies" or "Music"

Running on Quad Core 2.4Ghz with NVidia 9800 with Dharma Beta 2

Any suggestions would be appreciated :-)
There's a couple of things you can do that might help, use a version that allows you to disable views your not using and when you find the one you like delete your "guisettings.xml" so you start with a new one with that skin because that's caused problems in the past for some reason

You might notice some improvement but Aeon is a pretty heavy skin
USE .dds tweak if you have an nVidia card, please. I used to have the same lag in menus, and now everything is faster (as it supposed to be). Be sure you have plenty of free space in your system partition (every image used in xbmc will be converted to .dds... ~4 times bigger than the original image). After that, every image will be decoded with the help of the GPU, no more CPU bottlenecks... I'm really disappointed people complains about skin issues when the fix is so easy. Wink

PS: every time xbmc will display a picture for the first time, that image will be converted to dds (after you apply the tweak through advancedsettings), so... it still might be slow until most images will be converted to .dds So, be patient for the first runs and compare the results after.
already using the .dds tweak, which while speeding up the loading of fanart considerably, did notihng to speed the delay going from movies to sub.
ok then... try to unload any unnecessary widgets, effects: off-smoke effect, off-recently added, off-cdart and, most of all, disable the views you don't use.
dds fanart art will have you scrolling through movies quickly but it wont make any difference to this problem it will happen with only one item in library

Its not a new problem if you use the search your find an old thread on here where loads of us had the same problem then someone found out it was "guisettings.xml" becoming corrupt but having all the new views still loading didn't help either

But with the lower powered systems there's a limit to how fast it will load anyway
.dds is available for EVERY image (not only fanart) including poster, banner, even logo.png, so it supposed to speed up entering in a view as long every image is cached and decoded by GPU (don't know if it's noticeable in a lower powered system). Probably a SSD wil be a wise investment. However, seems unfair to pair the hungrier skin (resource wise) to the smallest PC. I found out that some people succeeded, though.
now using aeon MQ 2 this has knocked my delay down to 2 secs easily useable Smile. thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
delay entering submenus on revo.0