dialog boxes/notifications in Dharma
hello all,

I cant seem to find the documentation on Dharma's notification popups. currently I have a script that i've configured to create a dialog box with an "ok" button on the trigger of an event. What I am hoping to do is replace that with a momentary popup, just to let me know the event has happened without me having to click ok.

could someone point me in the right direction im beting i flew by the docs, but seeing how Dharma is still a beta i figured there may be a chance that it just hasnt been documented yet.

thanks!
Phil
Notification is the builtin function I believe - check Builtins.cpp
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you very much, I did find it in the
Builtins.cpp
its Notification(header,message[,time,image])
Im sort of a newb when it comes to scripting just been learning as i go, how do i use the builtin commands? using it by itself tells me there are no global defined, using it as xbmc.notification tells me AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Notification'

Thanks,
phil

jmarshall Wrote:Notification is the builtin function I believe - check Builtins.cpp
http://xbmc.sourceforge.net/python-docs/...utebuiltin

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions
thank you very much, i just found the correct command only a few minutes ago prior to me reading your post.
its working perfectly except its not passing defined settings. in this "(__scriptname__)" should have given me the name of my script

xbmc.executebuiltin( "xbmc.Notification((__scriptname__),Event Has been triggered,60) ")

EDIT: i figured it out it has to be
xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Notification("+ __scriptname__ +",Event Has been triggered,60)")

Thanks everyone for the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dialog boxes/notifications in Dharma0