Defining network data location in profiles.xml
I have 3 Windows PC's and one ATV all running XBMC Dharma B2.

I have been able to go into my profiles.xml file and modify the userdata directory to point to "\\Server\XBMC\" on all of the windows machines so I can use a shared database, but the ATV doesn't like this.

If I set it to "\\Server\XBMC\" it just can't see it
If I set it to "smb://server/xbmc/" then XBMC crashes during load.

Does anybody know how to properly define the userdata location to point to a NAS in ATV? Am I making some sort of noob mistake that I'm just missing?
The network locations are in sources.xml not in profile.xml
Make sure your entries respect the syntax in the file otherwise it won't work and XBMC might freeze
interceptor121 Wrote:The network locations are in sources.xml not in profile.xml
Make sure your entries respect the syntax in the file otherwise it won't work and XBMC might freeze

The media source locations are in sources.xml... I'm talking about the actual userdata (fanart, thumbnails, advancedsettings.xml, etc). That location is defined in profiles.xml

I have no problem getting this working between my 3 Windows 7 PCs... but ATV isn't playing well.
danman217 Wrote:The media source locations are in sources.xml... I'm talking about the actual userdata (fanart, thumbnails, advancedsettings.xml, etc). That location is defined in profiles.xml

I have no problem getting this working between my 3 Windows 7 PCs... but ATV isn't playing well.

Same problem here, ATV2 XBMC just crashes in case of SMB link Sad and symlinks doesn't seem to work yet. Any workaround please?
edit.: my bad, didnt read correctly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Defining network data location in profiles.xml0