FLAC won't play in PAPlayer, but does play in DVDplayer
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble playing FLAC files in Dharma beta 2? I can't get the file to even start playing when using PAPlayer, but the file plays normally if I override to DVDplayer.

Pastebin of my XBMC.log which shows me trying a couple of files, then switching to DVDPlayer, which plays as expected.

MediaInfo of the file. Audio CD ripped myself with dbpoweramp

Running Pin87a's image, upgraded to daily build of Dharma beta 2 #33778

Thanks,

brock_gonad
You're missing libFLAC.so.8
Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you tell a Linux noob how I can check that file out and install it properly via SSH?

Cheers
Your on an unsupported image afaict so your better off asking the maintainer or use an official image...
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
"sudo apt-get install libflac" maybe
davilla Wrote:"sudo apt-get install libflac" maybe

sudo apt-get install libflac8 actually Big Grin

had to google to find the right package name, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

Scott, you're a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the development and support. The latest CrystalHD drivers and XBMC beta perform wonderfully... and I'm using one of the $20 ebay specials.
brock_gonad Wrote:sudo apt-get install libflac8 actually Big Grin

had to google to find the right package name, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

Scott, you're a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the development and support. The latest CrystalHD drivers and XBMC beta perform wonderfully... and I'm using one of the $20 ebay specials.

LOL, knew it was libflac<something> . Thanks for the kind comments.
apt-cache search libflac usually helps in finding the correct package.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FLAC won't play in PAPlayer, but does play in DVDplayer0