[BUG] Could not download information
rjorgenson Wrote:Yeah I guess I used a bad example, I could never find a good way to name that show and have tvdb find it, so I usually manually do find that one. But that's not working either. I also have the same problem with eastbound and down and the x files(eastbound.and.down and the.x.files folder names) and both of those return search results.

If you name the folders with the TVDB show names , Eastbound & Down, The X-Files they are picked up, I assume that the TVDB web search returns more options than the scraper.
eddiem Wrote:If you name the folders with the TVDB show names , Eastbound & Down, The X-Files they are picked up, I assume that the TVDB web search returns more options than the scraper.

and what should I do if I wish to keep my file names sane(no ampersands etc)?
rjorgenson Wrote:and what should I do if I wish to keep my file names sane(no ampersands etc)?
Sorry, can't help you there, just saying how it works normally.
There's maybe someone around who can help you further.
I started getting the same problem a couple of weeks ago. The tv shows seem to be updating fine, but the movies aren't. Ignoring the warning will not work for me, as I need the movie information. I'm on a nightly build now, but had the same problem on the stable 10.1 release. Changed to see if it could fix it. Can anyone help?

Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/R5QaSdSq
Using the Advancedsettings.xml as mentioned on the first page, it does not ignore the error, it auto confirms you want to continue scanning regardless and suppresses the popup.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
I see. Got rid of the pop-up now, but I still can't get info on any of my new movies. Can I have done something to mess up TMDB? I guess I must have... I uninstalled all add-ons, but alas, still no new film info.
oskarbull Wrote:I see. Got rid of the pop-up now, but I still can't get info on any of my new movies. Can I have done something to mess up TMDB? I guess I must have... I uninstalled all add-ons, but alas, still no new film info.

Got the same problem, tried the Advance XML fix, it takes the error away from XBMC, but new movies doesn't load to library.
Fix to the problem:
I changed scrapper from imdb to MovieDB, my movies reloaded, and new movies are getting updated when i add them to my movie folder.
I'm having the same problem on 11.0 Beta1. Will try tonight to change the scraper from IMDB to MovieDB, although that is not my preferred scraper.

When you set the option in 'Advancedsettings.xml' does the system continue scraping or it just stops scraping and doesn't show the error anymore?
(2010-12-07, 04:25)doyledagain Wrote: Check your network settings. I had "Use an HTTP proxy server to access the internet" checked, and since it wasn't set up properly, that was screwing up my ability to update my database.

[edit] upon reading your symptoms it sounds like you're able to connect to the database, but hopefully this will be helpful to others that are encountering this problem.

my god, thank you. this solved my problem, i was about to lose my mind

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] Could not download information1