Changing the function of buttons depending on the media
Hoping This is the right forum for this

I will soon be using XBMC with a remote once I get my new home theatre set up. There are some changes I'd like to make though, mainly for aesthetic reasons. I really like the Confluence theme, but I'd like to be able to see fanart better while browsing movies (and using the viewing mode where all the movie posters are in the bar at the bottom with the info bubble above that). I wanted to edit it around a bit so the row of movie posters was lower down and the info bubble wasn't there. Of course, you still want to be able to see info for movies, so I was going to make it so that when hitting enter (or with the remote, the select button), it doesn't load the movie right away, first a box with the info would pop up from the bottom pushing up the row of movies, then you would be able to choose play from here.

Thing is, I'm not sure if this is possible to not go straight to loading the movie when selecting one (if I am wrong, please correct me, cause this would solve the whole problem). And what I want to do is essentially the same thing as having the info box pop up from the bottom. "So why not use just make the info box appear from the bottom?", I thought. But then instead of hitting select, you'd need to hit info.

Basically what I'm asking is: is there a way to configure it so that while browsing movies the select button is set to launch the info pane, but while browsing anything else, it is set to select?

EDIT: Actually, no, I just realized that if I set it to to being info while browsing movies, then once the info pane pops up you would not be able to use the select button to hit "play" on the info pane :/. How could I make this work?
have you tried this:
Settings > Videos > File Lists > Default select action - Show information
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hmmm... Now I feel like an idiot, I didn't even see that! Only thing is, it does it for TV Shows to, which I don't want it to. Is that fixable?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing the function of buttons depending on the media0