for xbmc dharma 10.0 / 10.1
if you run a nightly build, use: T! svn
So what's new in v3.11.7?
- fixed tvtunes script
- added skin for pseudotv and tvtime addons
and a bunch of other fixes / cosmetics stuff...
So what was new in v3.11.5?
- added tv guide
- added rss, 36 hour and weekend weather forecast view
- modified code needed for cinema experience script
- speed up animation times
- changed periodically run recentlyadded and randomitems
- added option to animate fanart
- added option for a custom logo on homescreen
- added option to switch the music menu button between library and filemode
- added option to show tv show banners in fanart list
- added option to use the playing video as a background in the skin
- added option to use the visualisation as background in the skin
- added cast info on the video osd
- added code for the qlock script
- lots of bug fixes
More info on some new features:
- Qlock script
- TV Guide
So what was new in v3.11.1?
- a new set of media flags
- kiosk mode option
- extra buttons for touchscreen support
- support for season fanart (also in filemode)
- support for extra fanart (movies/tv shows/music and also in filemode)
- support for extra thumbs (in fanart, icons and item view for movies, also in filemode)
- support for TvTunes script
- support for NextAired script
- support for random items (movies/tv shows/music) on the home screen
- fixed issues with logo downloader script
- fixed issue with adjusting audio settings during movie play
- fixed navigation issues in movies/tv shows library
More info on some new features:
- Season fanart
you need to store your episodes in separate season folders for this to work.
in each season folder, put a fanart.jpg image.
if you enable this feature in Skin Settings,these images will be used when browsing seasons/episodes
instead of the default tv show fanart image.
create a extrafanart folder in every movie/tv show/artist folder and store as much images in there as you like.
if you enable this feature in Skin Settings, those images will be used as a slideshow
instead of the static fanart image, while browsing your collection.
- Extra thumbs
create a extrathumbs folder in every movie folder, put two images in there: thumb1.jpg and thumb2.jpg
if you enable this feature in Skin Settings, these images are used in the fanart/item/icons views.
- TVTunes / NextAired scripts
download the scripts through the addon system and enable them in Skin Settings > Scripts
TVTunes will play the themes of your TV Shows when browsing collection.
NextAired will display a notification when the next episode of a certain show will be aired.
note: using the new extrafanart and/or season fanart option may severely slow down your browsing experience!
So what was new in v3.10.0?
- wall view
- item view
- jukebox view (thanx for the idea mcborzu)
- new settings screen
- custom menu items
- custom submenus
- dvd and bluray cases
- option to hide dvd/bluray/cd cases
- movie set indicator
- option to use posters for tv shows
- option to disable views
- TV Logo support
- skin support for Logo Downloader script
- full pvr support for those running the XBMC PVR branch
...and about 500 other changes/fixes/updates/additions.
Slide View with trailer preview:
Transparency! v3.11.5 is now available through the xbmc addon system:
Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Skin > Transparency!
additionally you can download the weather fanart pack: Weather-Fanart.rar
and select it in Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Weather > Conditional > Options > Path
To those who are currently running the svn version of Transparency!,
please switch to another skin and uninstall Transparency! first,
before installing the addon version!
(no your settings won't be lost).
A development version of Transparency! is available at http://code.google.com/p/transparency-xbmc
For those who’d like to keep up with the latest Transparency! development, use a svn client to check out the repo.
Using a command-line client: svn checkout http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ skin.transparency
Or if you use a gui based client, like TortoiseSVN using this url: http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
Make sure you store the skin.transparency folder in the XBMC addons directory.
New users, old info:
What is Transparency!? Short answer: a fanart skin. The main goal of Transparency! is showing your fanart, fullscreen, in all of the views, all of the time.
Besides this, it also tries to support every neat new feature xbmc has to offer. To save everyone a lot of time and trouble hacking the xml code themselves,
all of these new features are already included in the skin, pre-configured and enabled by default (wherever possible).
- subtitle download button for Opensubtitles_OSD script
- fanart on movie/tv/ipod screen on homepage
- fanart slideshow to musicvisualisation window
- artist & album info to musicvisualisation window
- skin support for home theater experience script
- new weather layout for weather.com plus plugin
- Animated backgrounds with slide and zoom effects
- Recently added items on the home screen
- Watch trailers in a preview window in the fanart view (see next post)
- Media Flagging for Movies, TV-Shows and Music
- Genre Folder Icons for Movies, TV-Shows and Music
- Weather Fanart based on current weather conditions
- Home Weather Background based on current weather conditions
- Animated Weather Icons in Home and MyWeather
- CD / DVD Case
- Horizontal Home Menu
- ClearArt for TV Shows, visible on the info window and when pausing an episode.
- cdArt with added animations
- Configurable Items in the Home Menu
- Fanart in Filemode
- Fanart for Games
- 3D Coverflow view for Artists and Songs
- Fanart view for all sections in xbmc.
- Icon view for Albums (similar to DVD Thumb view)
- Fully hide the Left Menu on all pages, it slides in when needed
Many of these items can be enabled/disabled to your own liking in Skin Settings.
Questions / Problems:
- First thing to do is read the FAQ
- If that leaves your question unanswered, please post it in a new thread.
(please include xbmc version and the plaform you're using. a screenshot and a Debug Log can be very helpful too!)
An up-to-date changelog is available: here.
Thanx to all the translators and bug testers!
Special thanx to everyone submitting feature suggestions!
And last but not least, a big thanx to Jezz_X for the great PM3.HD skin and to everyone who's contributing to XBMC by coding, scripting, designing or just by posting new ideas.
- third-party builds of Transparency! are not supported by me!