• 13(current)
Transparency! FAQ / HowTo
hello everyone. I'm new as of today. I just have a question about transparency. What do you do if you don't have transparency on your list of skins? I went down the whole list and transparency is not one of them. How can I add it on?
You should start by advising which version of Kodi you are running , on what hardware.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2012-04-04, 23:37)ronie Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 17:47)kmfdm515 Wrote: is there a way to always default a specific add-on/program to a certain view? for example, i use fanart view for most everything, but i'd like to always use the 'full list' view for the youtube add-on. when using the youtube add-on, it always defaults each selection back to the 'fanart' view after i change it to 'full list'. is that something managed by the skin, or the add-on?

edit: it appears that some of them do save the view...but i'd have to go through and change the view for each page manually. i see it's stored in viewmodes.db, but i'd have to go change every one manually (hundreds)...

yup, it's exactly like that.
skins need to define a default view (fanart in Transparency!), so every page you open will initially be in fanart view.
if you change it, xbmc will save your preference.

Where is this option?
I can only see in skin settings\view options\fanart.
I want to make the default view of all movies\add-ons as "thumbnail" and not "fanart".
you can only change it in the side menu of the music / video library. (and you'll need to do it for every window/section)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Ronnie,

i really like Transparency skin but i have two questions if i may ask.

1.Where from can i add to favourites?I have to revert to the original skin to set them and then back to transparency

2.I have created some custom video nodes with library node editor add on .How can i put them to favorites or as main buttons in the home screen?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards,
the_observer.
Any suggestion please?
adding items to favourites works the same in all skins, through the context menu.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thank you for answering ronie.
(2016-03-05, 19:04)ronie Wrote: you can only change it in the side menu of the music / video library. (and you'll need to do it for every window/section)

Thanks.

Sad Can you tell me if it's a drawback of the skin or the Kodi program?
(2016-04-05, 21:32)ymca Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 19:04)ronie Wrote: you can only change it in the side menu of the music / video library. (and you'll need to do it for every window/section)

Thanks.

Sad Can you tell me if it's a drawback of the skin or the Kodi program?

it's how kodi works. skins don't have any influence on this.
Hello, I love your skin, justa couple of questions :

1) while watching a movie or tv show how do I see the file qualify info? When I press square and go to the "i" there is very limited information there. Other skins have the network, resolution, audio source quality, encoding method etc... This is very handy to make sure I am watching the highest quality stream I.e 1080p, HEVC, Dolby Digital plus, etc
I can't for the life of me figure out how to see this info on your skin.

2) I scoured the Internet and read this entire FAQ thread and it seems that it's Kodi that is defaulting the list view for EVERYTHING to fanart which I don't like... I want everything to be set to 'list view' so I can see more filename / quality details when browsing. Any ideas how I can do this without setting it manually for every single tv show or movie I select? Seems so silly. I tried setting the view for the parent folder or tv shows or movies etc but it doesn't work, everythjng underneath is still fan art view until I change it.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Kevin
1. you need to press 'o'

2. can't help you with that i'm afraid. it's just the way (silly or not) the way kodi works.
1) Thanks! Would be awesome if the main points of that were made pretty and graphical and included with the "I" information button. Smile

2) Understood. That's really silly on Kodi's part! I'll look for a workaround... What if there was a 'disable fanart' option under view options in the sky settings? Could it then default to list?

Thanks Smile

(2016-09-16, 11:21)ronie Wrote: 1. you need to press 'o'

2. can't help you with that i'm afraid. it's just the way (silly or not) the way kodi works.
(2016-09-16, 20:18)c0ntra Wrote: What if there was a 'disable fanart' option under view options in the sky settings?

you'll very likely break the skin.
reference the weather background images on Kodi 17

im making my own build using transparency and i would like to change or maybe disable the alternating weather backgrounds on the home page and maybe in the weather section too. but i cant seam to find the image files in the skin folder.

is there a line of code in the .xml that i need to change?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! FAQ / HowTo2