XBMC Live Dharma Beta 2 - 2 problems
Info:
Software: XBMC Live Dharma Beta 2 from xbmc.org
Hardware: ASRock ION 330
Sources: 1 Computer running Windows 7, 1 Netgear NAS (STORA)

More info needed?

--
Hello gentlemen!

After upgrading from 9.11 to Dharma Beta 2 I no longer have a working mediacentre..

2 problems is causing this:

1. "Error - connection timed out" when trying to access a source thats been added manually.

And when trying to browse for sources in SMB i get "Error 2 - Network share not available - programs programs"

Before problem nr.1 was a issue I could actually find my computer and NAS, but I could not access either of them.
Each time I would try I was prompted with username and password witch i could not get past.

---
I am aware of the Windows Live Sign-in Assistant (witch was not in my programs & features list) and the replacement
of this problem, Windows Live Essentials. I have removed all of this now, but the user/pass problem would still not go away.

I can use groveshark and youtube so internet works.
I have the guest account activated in Windows 7
I can ping xbmc live from my computer
I've tried Beta 1, same problem
----

I have googled and trolled the forum for answers but it has brought me little luck so I see no other way then starting
this thread and get som real-time help with my problem.

I am sure the first thing you want is the debug log, funny thing is that I cant find the way to find it in xbmc live,
and how to export it from there to here. Would expect the wiki to tell me how but suprisingly, no..
Is anything wireless in your setup? I posted recently that I was unable to access a wireless desktop from within xbmc even though boxee was able to do so. I suspect that xbmc's tolerance for weak signals is low
No, its all cable here. I'm gonna install 9.11 again today and see if it works then. If so, its something about Beta 1 and 2 that dosn't work here. too bad, I really liked the add-ons alot.
Okey, 9.11 is installed and I can access SMB again, but the Lock settings is still there asking for username and password..
I've tried entering my username for windows 7, and guest, and my other win7 account (xbmc)

I get this "Error - function not implemented" - I've never gotten this error before at all..

Anybody knows whats causing this?

edit: making progress! I've managed to add my computer after some thinking. But still my NAS is asking for username and password when i try to add it, and "error - share not available"

edit 2: okey, i can add smb://STORA/mylibrary, but not smb://STORA/mylibrary/media. and the media folder does not show when i browse "smb://STORA/mylibrary"

Feels like im getting close, I only need that media folder and im good to go!

Any tips?
After a reboot NAS came alive again finally.. but there's some serious moodswings going on here.. After reboots erlier when getting something to work something new didnt work.

Lets wait and see...

I would advise everybody who's had problems like these, always use IP when adding a share, computer names and such dont always work, and didnt work for me this time around.
Also, make sure to set read/write etc. permissions for everyone in the folder you are sharing. I also had to share my media folder in my NAS GUI to make it all work it seems, and using my login userid/pass when promted in xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live Dharma Beta 2 - 2 problems0