• 1(current)
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]
This MOD provide 4 different panels views (wide, tall, square and large) for program addons for the Alaska.Revisted Skin. For any kind of application or linked media, it allows the display of additionnal information like, genre, release year and studio.

Requirements
  • XBMC Dharma version --> Download
  • Alsaka.Revisited v.1.7.4 (or upper)--> Download
  • Advanced Launcher Addon v.0.6.2 (or upper) --> Download
Tutorials Releases / Changelog
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011-02-06
  • compatible with Alaska.Revisited 2.7.0
  • merge ALA views with skin original ones
  • remove large items view
2011-01-29
  • compatible with Alaska.Revisited 2.6.6
  • compatible with Advanced Launcher 1.0.1
  • change game terms to item terms
2011-01-16
  • MOD compatibility with Alaska.Revisited 2.3.8
2010-12-21
  • Fix square panel bugs
2010-12-20
  • MOD compatibility with Alaska.Revisited 2.1.2
2010-12-12
  • MOD compatibility with Alaska.Revisited 1.9.9
  • Marquee/Banner view panel re-draw
  • Panel views rename
nice, i think these kinda views need to be incorporated natively but i think the THUMBNAIL NOT AVAILABLE needs to be fixed first.
starcitysecrets Wrote:nice, i think these kinda views need to be incorporated natively but i think the THUMBNAIL NOT AVAILABLE needs to be fixed first.
Actually the launcher addon only support thumbs pictures. I will see how it will be possible to add fanart support (and maybe other games informations).
Cool! great work! Going to try this a little later. I agree that it would be super cool to be a part of the skin natively.
I have finally found how to use fanarts (screenshots) with the Launcher addon, but we must modify the addon code itself.

1. Replace the /addons/plugin.program.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py code (v1.10.2) by this one : http://pastebin.ca/#######*

2. Next, for each roms, you have to manually add fanart informations (path+file) into the /userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.launcher/launchers.xml file, like this :
Code:
<rom>
    <name>Legend of zelda - a link to the past</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/roms/Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.smc</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/roms/Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/fanarts/Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.jpg</fanart>
</rom>

3. Then just restart XBMC and it may work.

* Link removed due to a bug badly affecting the launchers.xml file. Sorry. I'm still working on it.
that looks really good, with the gameplay screenshot. i can imagine it might be hard to get images for all of your games if you have alot, shame there isnt a scraper for this type of thing.

and fanart isnt really something you can get for games, but a general pixel art retro backdrop would look really cool.

keep up the work on this, i think hitcher said he would look at a thumbnail view for add ons.
Tried it today and my games collection is now so much more enjoyable (wife and kids likes it aswell)

Thank you..
starcitysecrets Wrote:i think hitcher said he would look at a thumbnail view for add ons.
I'm holding off until I can use Container.Content(Addons) instead of the current hack methods.
Ok, I have found what was the bug this the launcher_plugin.py file. Now it's working great.
So, this is how to use fanarts (screenshots) with the Launcher addon. You have to modify the Launcher addon code itself.

Replace the /addons/plugin.program.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py code (v1.10.2) by this one : http://pastebin.ca/1954452
Next, for each roms, you have to manually add fanart informations (path+file) into the /userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.launcher/launchers.xml file using <fanart></fanart> tags, like this :
Code:
<roms>
    <rom>
        <name>Mario kart 64</name>
        <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/roms/Mario Kart 64.z64</filename>
        <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/covers/Mario Kart 64.jpg</thumb>
        <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/fanarts/Mario Kart 64.jpg</fanart>
    </rom>
    <rom>
        <name>The legend of zelda - ocarina of time</name>
        <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/roms/The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time.z64</filename>
        <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/covers/The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time.jpg</thumb>
        <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/fanarts/The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time.jpg</fanart>
    </rom>
    <rom>
        <name>Super mario 64</name>
        <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/roms/Super Mario 64.z64</filename>
        <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/covers/Super Mario 64.jpg</thumb>
        <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/fanarts/Super Mario 64.jpg</fanart>
    </rom>
    <rom>
        <name>International superstar soccer 2000</name>
        <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/roms/International Superstar Soccer 2000.z64</filename>
        <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/covers/International Superstar Soccer 2000.z64</thumb>
        <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/fanarts/International Superstar Soccer 2000.jpg</fanart>
    </rom>
</roms>

Note: If you delete a game, and add it again you will have to add again the fanart informations.
I'd send that mod off as a patch to the author so everyone can benefit from it.
Hitcher Wrote:I'd send that mod off as a patch to the author so everyone can benefit from it.
Thank you Hitcher. I have also post the patch yesterday on the Launcher official thread.
hum Huh

you have the rom path.
the fanart is in the same path

so without modifing the launcher addons and without modify the xml, you can have what you need !

Code:
fanart = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(filename) , "fanart.jpg")

so users just have to put the fanart in the rom directory, should be easier no ?
Some people prefers to create one directory per rom and store corresponding cover and fanart images into the same directory. At the opposite, some people prefers to store all the roms into one directory, covers into a second directory and fanart into a third directory. It depend on people. Your solution is interesting but seems more restrictive than the possibility to acces and store files from where you want, like this :
Code:
<rom>
    <name>Mario kart 64</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/roms/Mario Kart 64.z64</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/images/nintendo64-mario_kart_64.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/somewhere/into/my/harddrive/fanart.jpg</fanart>
</rom>
This looks really good. The RessurrectionXtras project comes with screenshots of all games as well.
ppic Wrote:hum Huh

you have the rom path.
the fanart is in the same path

so without modifing the launcher addons and without modify the xml, you can have what you need !

Code:
fanart = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(filename) , "fanart.jpg")

so users just have to put the fanart in the rom directory, should be easier no ?

Where would that modification go? Just in the myPrograms.xml itself?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]1