XBMC Live 64 bit?
Hi,

I like to start with a great thanks to all of you developers!

Is there a plan on a release of a 64 bit LIVE disk?

/Micke
Not for the upcoming Dharma release.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
This is why amongst many other limitations and problems, XCI was born.

If your not too fussed about using lucid, which really doesnt improve quality of XBMC you can use XCI.

Dharma via XCI is done two ways after the stable is installed.

1) use svn ppa (atm is dharma)

2) Compile changing the svn link from trunk to dharma.

Please note that intel and amd gpus are not supported by script nor is full ubuntu desktop see my sig for details.
X3lectric Wrote:This is why amongst many other limitations and problems, XCI was born.

If your not too fussed about using lucid, which really doesnt improve quality of XBMC you can use XCI.

Dharma via XCI is done two ways after the stable is installed.

1) use svn ppa (atm is dharma)

2) Compile changing the svn link from trunk to dharma.

Please note that intel and amd gpus are not supported by script nor is full ubuntu desktop see my sig for details.

**Sweet, but why don't XCI work on Lucid?**

EDIT newer mind, found the answer... but I have to wait then, my remote don't work on Keramic
Making the script work in Lucid is easy, however it will take a ton of work to make sure that it whatever script does, works properly, this will involve a ton of changes, for which I dont have the time.
When XCI started it use to be two of us, now there's only me. There is another guy who is supposed to help port this to lucid properly but so far, nothing has been done, towards it.

I have concentrated on working ppa's and these already are lucid compatible, I had to learn packaging and maintaining half a dozen ppas and a ton of packages which should improve HTPC experience and fix bugs.

There's many tweaks, fixes that need to work this takes know how and patience, installing XBMC is only but 10% of the job.

XCI at the moment works and configures Karmic minimal boxes running nvidia gfx, almost to perfection (read: user errors and xbmc or OS bugs).

PPL get all excited with new distro releases and dont understand with each new release, new problems are introduced.
XCI has been developed and improved for karmic for over a year now.

I have asked ppl who know bash scripting and python to help out, however asking and getting help is two different things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 64 bit?0